Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
First Name
Jacques
Last Name
Nilles
Member #

Hello All - New member posting to introduce myself in the Mid Europe section (I've already said hello in the main forum)

I'm John, an Englishman living in Luxembourg. I do a little bit of off-roading / overlanding in Europe as and when I get the chance. usually Spanish Pyrenees, France as well as camping, roadbooks and get-togethers with friends from Luxembourg, UK, Netherlands, Belgium etc
My vehicle is a Land Rover Discovery 4 (picked up an ex-LR Experience vehicle from Germany so luckily a lot of non-standard extras were TüV approved) but of course there is always something more to add....
Also have a fully kitted out Discovery 3 which my middle son has "commandeered" and is driving me to bankruptcy..(the vehicle, not the son :tearsofjoy: )

Hoping to get ideas and advice on overlanding routes and places to go as I look to travel further afield. Also hope I can contribute in some way as well and join any member meets.

(I think I recognise a few user names here from other forums)

Cheers,
John

Welcome John,

Rockwilder from Luxembourg too

MarkD

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oirschot, Netherlands
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dolton
Member #

Hello All - New member posting to introduce myself in the Mid Europe section (I've already said hello in the main forum)

I'm John, an Englishman living in Luxembourg. I do a little bit of off-roading / overlanding in Europe as and when I get the chance. usually Spanish Pyrenees, France as well as camping, roadbooks and get-togethers with friends from Luxembourg, UK, Netherlands, Belgium etc
My vehicle is a Land Rover Discovery 4 (picked up an ex-LR Experience vehicle from Germany so luckily a lot of non-standard extras were TüV approved) but of course there is always something more to add....
Also have a fully kitted out Discovery 3 which my middle son has "commandeered" and is driving me to bankruptcy..(the vehicle, not the son :tearsofjoy: )

Hoping to get ideas and advice on overlanding routes and places to go as I look to travel further afield. Also hope I can contribute in some way as well and join any member meets.

Cheers,
John
Hi John and welcome, im also an Englishman, im living in the Netherlands

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

Cheers,
John
Try wikiloc - plenty of tracks listed there close by in France or Netherlands good for week-end trips.

RichardJay

Rank 0

Contributor I

Luxembourg
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Jay
Hi all,
Great be eventually be here and not simply lurking in the shadows... After a longtime living in Munich, I moved to Luxembourg a couple of years back (Oh no... another Luxemburger :). I'm a long time Jeepster, but sent the old KJ to the big overland park in the sky last week (Sniff) and picked up a new JL.... Happy Face... Looking forward to catching up in the future ad to asking LOTS of questions.

20191019_181539.jpg

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
HI all,

Good idea to have alos a regional forum like this - so, this is my new member posting to introduce myself in the Mid Europe section (I did this already in the main forum)

My name is Bjoern and I joined Overlandbound recently. I am an overlander, currently based in Europe. A few words to introduce myself:

Since my birth I am a globetrotter and adventurer, grew up with camping and traveling with my parents. Later, the travels became longer and more challenging, more remote places on the beautiful planet Earth, both with dualsport motorcycles and 4x4.
Over 20 years of intensive travel on motorcycles and 4x4s in Africa, Asia, North America, Europe ... coupled with a "always wanting to know what's behind the corner", has led to some experience in the preparation and doing short- & Long term travel as well as knowledge especially when it comes to the different concepts of equipment of four-wheel drive vehicles and motorcycles as well as outdoor equipment, travel guide, outdoor photography, writing publications and presenting picture lectures of the experience...
I am always looking for challenges and new experiences in the fields of overlanding, adventure travel, outdoor, expeditions, rallyracing and much more.

Now I am very happy to be here at Overlandbound and I am looking forward to good conversations and meeting nice people.

Safe travels,
Bjoern

Constantin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Nuremberg, germany
First Name
Constantin
Last Name
Alecu
Member #

HI all,

Good idea to have alos a regional forum like this - so, this is my new member posting to introduce myself in the Mid Europe section (I did this already in the main forum)

My name is Bjoern and I joined Overlandbound recently. I am an overlander, currently based in Europe. A few words to introduce myself:

Since my birth I am a globetrotter and adventurer, grew up with camping and traveling with my parents. Later, the travels became longer and more challenging, more remote places on the beautiful planet Earth, both with dualsport motorcycles and 4x4.
Over 20 years of intensive travel on motorcycles and 4x4s in Africa, Asia, North America, Europe ... coupled with a "always wanting to know what's behind the corner", has led to some experience in the preparation and doing short- & Long term travel as well as knowledge especially when it comes to the different concepts of equipment of four-wheel drive vehicles and motorcycles as well as outdoor equipment, travel guide, outdoor photography, writing publications and presenting picture lectures of the experience...
I am always looking for challenges and new experiences in the fields of overlanding, adventure travel, outdoor, expeditions, rallyracing and much more.

Now I am very happy to be here at Overlandbound and I am looking forward to good conversations and meeting nice people.

Safe travels,
Bjoern
Welcome Björn!
Greetings from Nuremberg.

Reactions: El-Dracho

Constantin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Nuremberg, germany
First Name
Constantin
Last Name
Alecu
Member #

Hi all,
Great be eventually be here and not simply lurking in the shadows... After a longtime living in Munich, I moved to Luxembourg a couple of years back (Oh no... another Luxemburger :). I'm a long time Jeepster, but sent the old KJ to the big overland park in the sky last week (Sniff) and picked up a new JL.... Happy Face... Looking forward to catching up in the future ad to asking LOTS of questions.

View attachment 123063
Welcome Richard! Nice Jeep [emoji106]

kivo

Rank II
Launch Member

Member III

Geel, Belgium
First Name
Kid
Last Name
Van Ouytsel
Member #

Hi all,

A little introduction...

OB member since somewhere in 2016, but due to circumstances never been really active since then, until yesterday...lol
Anyways, always been an outdoorsy kind of someone, love the mountains and woods, and been very fortunate to spend time at some beautiful places already,
from the North-pole, to South Korea, South America, spend months in New Zealand , Australia, and the US, etc...
I've never been really in to overlanding, though the idea of once owning a go-anywhere vehicle, always attracted me.
Some years ago I bit the bullet, and bought me a Wrangler, but our ways parted before even having the chance to get in to overlanding.
Now I give it a second try, though I still have to wait a couple of months for my new Wrangler to arrive.
Gives me plenty of time to catch up with OB, because oh boy, things did change since 2016…

Best regards from Belgium,
Kid.
Loaded-11.jpg

Laurensvh

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Beerse, België
First Name
Laurens
Last Name
Hemeldonck
Member #

Welcome Kid!

Looking forward meeting you and listening to stories from those adventures!!

GeoCampers #4771

Mid Europe Local Expert, France, Belgium
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Werm, Belgium
First Name
Toon
Last Name
Dams
Member #

Have some catching up to do. Welcome all new members.

Let me introduce myself.
Toon, living in Belgium (near the border with The Netherlands, Limburg area), a long time OB member. We already met several members along the way.

I travel withe my wife and (some of our) 3 kids and the dog.
We travel in a Mitsubishi L200 and for now a tenttrailer (Holtkamper Cocoon XL).
But looking to change the setup into something smaler and faster. We do not travel with 5 people any more, so no need for such a big setup. Looking into a small trailer with a RTT.
The last years we traveled most of the time to Sweden.
Love to go on a trip to the Alps again next year.

Hope to be more active again next year and meet some more fellow OB members along the tracks.

Roaminguero

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Winterthur, Switzerland
First Name
Roman
Last Name
vA
Member #

Hello all!

Roman here, Dutchie living in Switzerland (since very recently). I spent my teens in Spain where I caught the off-road and camping bug early and after a few years break (in UK) I’m now getting back into it. First proper trip in a while was last summer when I met some Belgian friends of mine in Transylvania. Absolutely lovely area can recommend!

Anyhoo, happy to be here and hope to get to know some of you and hope to see some of you around in person somewhere some time!

Kind regards,
Roman

IMG_3512.jpg

Rockwilder

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
First Name
Jacques
Last Name
Nilles
Member #

Hello all!

Roman here, Dutchie living in Switzerland (since very recently). I spent my teens in Spain where I caught the off-road and camping bug early and after a few years break (in UK) I’m now getting back into it. First proper trip in a while was last summer when I met some Belgian friends of mine in Transylvania. Absolutely lovely area can recommend!

Anyhoo, happy to be here and hope to get to know some of you and hope to see some of you around in person somewhere some time!

Kind regards,
Roman

Welcome Roman

Empe Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Belgium
Member #

I have a perfect weekend trip for you belgians.
We could go together if you like.
It's in the champagne region of France.
You can do it in 2 days and 2 night, but ist better in 3 days and 3 nigts
If you send me you're email via chat i Will send you the gpx files :)
Great initiative ! Will send a mail.
If you guys are going togheter, let us know if there is place for one more !

theroadtrotter

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nuremberg, Germany
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Wolff
Member #

Hey together,

I am Kevin from Nürnberg, Germany. I started "roadtripping" ( how I called it then ) some years ago and went to norway, the balkans etc with my Opel Vectra.
In 2017 - when I found myself in Theth, Albania with my Opel - the first seed of buying a 4x4 was sown.

In February this year I finally bought a Mitsubishi Pajero and went to Albania again, where I could realize, that overlanders have such a cool community.
Everywhere you get in contact with other overlanders and just have a good time. I like that!

See you
Kev