Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Hi Folks,

I didn't check the forum for quite some time (shame on me) and just found this thread. So first of all, a big welcome to all of you, which have placed an introduction here already.

My name is Johannes aka Frisko, 41 yrs old and I am living in a small town called Höfingen near Stuttgart in the southern part of Germany. We have a few OB members here in that area and I hope we can also meet up and do something together in the future (the member map is really a cool tool).
My rig is a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon, which is currently waiting for its offroad package, which will be installed beginning of September this year. Before the big summer holidays next year and a 3week trip to Sweden, it is planned to add the first parts to convert it into a real camper vehicle. I really like the conversion from "AbsoluteOutdoor" with the AluCab Expedition 3 RTT and the modified hart top, where you can enter the RTT from the inside. Also being able to carry some weight on top of the RTT is important for me, because I never go on holiday without my kayak :smile:.

Have a nice time.

Update: I forgot to add, that I am also new to overlanding, at least vehicle based. I really like being in the nature and in the past, it was more like touring kayak based traveling on rivers.
Welcome aboard Frisko :)

Floch

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Clichy, France
First Name
Florian
Last Name
Angius
Member #

Hi There! I've sent my presentation in the general section but here it is!
My name is Florian and I'm from France (Paris area). I've been a nature enthusiast (hiking, camping, buscrafting) for many years and started to enjoy, increasingly, the feeling of autonomous roadtrips.
Until today, we are using a non dedicated 2WD car, a VW Touran, a small tent, Gaia GPS and BBQ material to explore the area!
My wife and I recently ordered the new Jimny (in Jungle Green) in order to set up a proper rig for this purpose (Rack, RTT, suspension/tires upgrade) with the constraint of Living in a fairly big city (needed a "mini camper" because of the lack of space here in Paris ) . Until then (the delivery date is quite far!) we will continue using a regular car and our small tent to explore Europe ! Thanks a lot for the warm welcome of the community!

76_overlander

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Biarritz, France
First Name
Angus
Last Name
LastName
Member #

Hey Floch, welcome aboard. Hope you will find all the answers you need here, and even more, as OB is a "real" community and you'll get to meet people sharing its core principles. Use this forum and the FB page as yours and good luck with the long wait for your brand new Jimny ;)

Reactions: Floch

Rockwilder

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
First Name
Jacques
Last Name
Nilles
Member #

My name is Florian and I'm from France (Paris area). I've been a nature enthusiast (hiking, camping, buscrafting) for many years and started to enjoy, increasingly, the feeling of autonomous roadtrips.
Until today, we are using a non dedicated 2WD car, a VW Touran, a small tent, Gaia GPS and BBQ material to explore the area!
My wife and I recently ordered the new Jimny (in Jungle Green) in order to set up a proper rig for this purpose (Rack, RTT, suspension/tires upgrade) with the constraint of Living in a fairly big city (needed a "mini camper" because of the lack of space here in Paris ) . Until then (the delivery date is quite far!) we will continue using a regular car and our small tent to explore Europe ! Thanks a lot for the warm welcome of the community!

Welcome To OB Floch

MarkD

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oirschot, Netherlands
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dolton
Member #

Hi Florian,

welcome to the club

i think the Jimny is a good idea, they get a good review and look very smart with the overland set up and it looks like there is already a good amount of aftermarket accessories available for them.

I had to wait a week to collect a car once and it was very difficult, not sure i would cope with a long wait!

paul87250

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Folles, Haute-Vienne, France
First Name
paul
Last Name
Newbold
Member #

Hi Florian,
Welcome to OB I am new here as well, I live near Limoges and we drive out most weekends in the Limousin. Your new Jimny will be great we crossed the Pyrenees last year with two freinds in their Jimny and they were ace..

MarkD

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oirschot, Netherlands
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dolton
Member #

Hi Florian,
Welcome to OB I am new here as well, I live near Limoges and we drive out most weekends in the Limousin. Your new Jimny will be great we crossed the Pyrenees last year with two freinds in their Jimny and they were ace..
Hi Paul,

Welcome to the group, we are starting to get quite a collection of LRs in the mid Europe group

JH87

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Dülmen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
First Name
Jan
Last Name
vonderHaar
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Jan, I´m from northern Germany / Europe. My "Rig" is a Skoda Octavia Scout 4x4 with a Gordigear 140 plus roof top tent. Its liftet 30mm and has som slightly bigger AT tires on it. I use a RTT from Gordigear for sleeping. In the trunk I have some boxes for clothes, gear, food and water.

I´m 32 years old and have camped most of my live. With exception of some swowboarding trips, i´ve never spend a vacation in the hotel(and probably never will). My initial plans for this years trip were Montenegro or Romania, but as Brexit was post phoned to October we use the chance to go to scotland / england again in two weeks for three weeks, as we don´t have pay attention to customs, roamnig fees for mobiles etc. before the Brexit.

I hope to have some good conversations with like minded people and looking forward to meet some of you guys somewhere sometime maybe.

See you(here or out there)

Jan

58378520_2474534255890242_8781358960805412864_o.jpg
59467191_2486648001345534_5999438210017525760_n.jpg59464737_2486647884678879_988643356336717824_n.jpg

WouterP

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

West-flanders (Belgium)
First Name
Wouter
Last Name
Parmentier
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Jan, I´m from northern Germany / Europe. My "Rig" is a Skoda Octavia Scout 4x4 with a Gordigear 140 plus roof top tent. Its liftet 30mm and has som slightly bigger AT tires on it. I use a RTT from Gordigear for sleeping. In the trunk I have some boxes for clothes, gear, food and water.

I´m 32 years old and have camped most of my live. With exception of some swowboarding trips, i´ve never spend a vacation in the hotel(and probably never will). My initial plans for this years trip were Montenegro or Romania, but as Brexit was post phoned to October we use the chance to go to scotland / england again in two weeks for three weeks, as we don´t have pay attention to customs, roamnig fees for mobiles etc. before the Brexit.

I hope to have some good conversations with like minded people and looking forward to meet some of you guys somewhere sometime maybe.

Jan

View attachment 113042
View attachment 113043View attachment 113044
Hi Jan
I very mutch like the choise of your car !!
I love to see it in the real and have a Nice chat :)
I'm from Belgium. so if you go to England (with the ferry Calais - Dover ) you you can always stop at our place for a coffee and a chat :D

family-overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Konstanz, Germany
First Name
phil
Last Name
mädler
Member #

Hello everyone,

Jan

View attachment 113042
Hey Jan, Welcome to OB.Greetings from Southern Germany!

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Welcome. From the Netherlands.
If you like to drive some nice country tracks and roads and see some of the Netherlands you wouldnt see otherwise, just give me a mail.

Constantin

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Nuremberg, germany
First Name
Constantin
Last Name
Alecu
Member #

Hello everyone,

Jan

View attachment 113042
Welcome Jan [emoji112][emoji4]