Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger II

Great Falls, VA, USA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Richard
Member #

See, we have a great deal of people in NM. Problem with NM is everything is a minimum of a hour away from the next major town. I am located in Santa Fe and would love to hook up sometime with anyone looking for some overlanding fun.

Cheers

Theoretician

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tijeras, NM
Member #

Assuming that you’re in ABQ, I’ve heard good things about this guy:

Can’t vouvh personally though.

Reactions: fixiecory

fixiecory

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Albuquerque
Member #

Assuming that you’re in ABQ, I’ve heard good things about this guy:

Can’t vouvh personally though.
Awesome, thanks. I’ll look into it and report back on my experience.

RyanRanger

Rank IV
Launch Member

Creator III

Albuquerque, New Mexico
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Jones
Member #

A Buddy and I were told to check out an old Ghost-town Army Base or "Depot", but we don't know where it is. Anyone ever heard of it? Or know where it is?

fixiecory

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Albuquerque
Member #

A Buddy and I were told to check out an old Ghost-town Army Base or "Depot", but we don't know where it is. Anyone ever heard of it? Or know where it is?
Not sure. What era of army base? WW2? Civil War? Fort Union National Monument immediately springs to mind. Not really an overland destination though.

Sparky

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

Hey everyone, I just relocated to Albuquerque from the SF Bay Area (yes, another one of those people haha). My grandfather worked at white sands, and my father was born in cruces and graduated from NMSU, so New Mexico has always felt like kind of a second home. I lived in Tucson for about 7 years and used to come out here frequently too.

Anyways, I’d love to talk shop or go wheeling with all of you. I’m pretty handy with vehicle maintenance as well so if anyone needs help with something let me know.

Is that Facebook link in the first page of this thread still an active place or is it mainly here?

Shot from the move down yesterday, obviously my pup and I traded off driving E94680A6-1E9C-4F87-96A9-1A37F16F1DE0.jpeg

Last edited:

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
Hey everyone, I just relocated to Albuquerque from the SF Bay Area (yes, another one of those people haha). My grandfather worked at white sands, and my father was born in cruces and graduated from NMSU, so New Mexico has always felt like kind of a second home. I lived in Tucson for about 7 years and used to come out here frequently too.

Anyways, I’d love to talk shop or go wheeling with all of you. I’m pretty handy with vehicle maintenance as well so if anyone needs help with something let me know.

Is that Facebook link in the first page of this thread still an active place or is it mainly here?

Shot from the move down yesterday, obviously my pup and I traded off driving View attachment 90610
Welcome to the '505' hope to see you out on the trails or in the shop some time in the future.

Reactions: Sparky

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE

Shot from the move down yesterday, obviously my pup and I traded off driving View attachment 90610
Hello and Welcome. You have a great 4 wheeling club up there in Albuq-Santa fe area. I think it's called NM4wheelers.com
You might check them out, they are very active. Wish you were down here in Silver City, there are not many good mechanics here.

Sparky

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

Hello and Welcome. You have a great 4 wheeling club up there in Albuq-Santa fe area. I think it's called NM4wheelers.com
You might check them out, they are very active. Wish you were down here in Silver City, there are not many good mechanics here.
Right on, I’ll check them out, thanks for the tip. Yea Silver City is a bit far from me, I remember going through there to get to the Gila though, I really liked it down there.

Utilityman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque NM
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Raether
Member #

Shot from the move down yesterday, obviously my pup and I traded off driving
Welcome! That's a good lookin 4Runner. Hopefully this summer we can get a short trip in.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Can anyone tell me what I have to do in order to go to the 2019 Expo. Do you need to register ? Is there a fee ? Who do I contact etc. etc....

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
No I'm not going this year. Hopefully next year. I want the full $350 package when I go and they sold out before I remembered.
Understandable ! I think I need to stay home and spend the money on my rig fixen.. I think that should be my priorities at this point.
Also I have a son who has brain cancer (even after two surgeries) and is barely hanging on but fighting like hell to live. He is only 64
and had his last surgery in July 2018. Unfortunately it is a very rare type cancer with a survival rate of almost nothing. All his chemo
treatments are strictly experimental that he receives on a volunteer basis only. The drugs are not FDA approved. His thoughts were
that something is better than nothing, I'm not so sure in his case. I would not have gone through what he has gone through.
Hanging in, Cheers