Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Toyota Hilux AT37 Neil.jpg

Hei, just joined OB - Good to be here....

I am a Brit (English) based in Sandnes, Rogaland, Norway.

My vehicle is a Toyota Hilux D-4D D-CAB (Seventh Generation) Arctic Trucks (AT37), which I use for driving around Norway, as well as annual expeditions (Iceland, Faroe Islands, etc.).

I have a hytte (mountain house) in Sirdal, which is usually an interesting challenge to get to in winter - Having such a vehicle is really important in these common winter conditions.

Neil AT37 Sirdal Winter.jpg

Recent 4 week expedition to Faroe Islands and Iceland, summer 2015 (ICE2015) really captured my overlanding enthusiasm. We are returning back to Iceland for 6 weeks expedition (leaving next week - 03 July, 2017) to continue the adventure, and take on more challenging roads, river crossings and situations (ICE2017).

ICE2017 Hekla.jpg

Below is a short after-movie video we made about ICE2015, which provides a quick overview of our trip - hope you like it...

Would like to meet up with other OB Member, and share info and experiences.

If you are interested in following our forthcoming 6 week expedition around Iceland (ICE2017), we will be publishing daily website blog, with photos, GoPro video, maps, info, etc. www.ice2017.no

Look forward hearing from you and connecting up :)

Cheers
Neil

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hello and welcome from the uk
Hei Roger
Thanks a lot for your message.
Good to connect up with OB Member in UK
I am originally from Doncaster-Barnsley area, UK.
Moved to Norway 25 years ago.........time flies.
Follow us during the next 6 weeks as we travel around Iceland.
www.ice2017.no
Cheers
Neil

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

View attachment 27894

Hei, just joined OB - Good to be here....

I am a Brit (English) based in Sandnes, Rogaland, Norway.

My vehicle is a Toyota Hilux D-4D D-CAB (Seventh Generation) Arctic Trucks (AT37), which I use for driving around Norway, as well as annual expeditions (Iceland, Faroe Islands, etc.).

I have a hytte (mountain house) in Sirdal, which is usually an interesting challenge to get to in winter - Having such a vehicle is really important in these common winter conditions.

View attachment 27895

Recent 4 week expedition to Faroe Islands and Iceland, summer 2015 (ICE2015) really captured my overlanding enthusiasm. We are returning back to Iceland for 6 weeks expedition (leaving next week - 03 July, 2017) to continue the adventure, and take on more challenging roads, river crossings and situations (ICE2017).

View attachment 27896

Below is a short after-movie video we made about ICE2015, which provides a quick overview of our trip - hope you like it...

Would like to meet up with other OB Member, and share info and experiences.

If you are interested in following our forthcoming 6 week expedition around Iceland (ICE2017), we will be publishing daily website blog, with photos, GoPro video, maps, info, etc. www.ice2017.no

Look forward hearing from you and connecting up :)

Cheers
Neil
Hello Neil and welcome from the USA! I am currently on a 50 State Road Trip living in my Jeep Wrangler "Jade" along with my dog Annie. I video my journeys and share them on my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbjw-VrJCUb8PTGoiDI2UMw Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures and announcing your upcoming 6 week expedition. Nice of you to share the link so we can follow you. You have a beautiful Hilux! Safe travels man! Enjoy the open road!

Reactions: Neil Q Smith

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hello Neil and welcome from the USA! I am currently on a 50 State Road Trip living in my Jeep Wrangler "Jade" along with my dog Annie. I video my journeys and share them on my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbjw-VrJCUb8PTGoiDI2UMw Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures and announcing your upcoming 6 week expedition. Nice of you to share the link so we can follow you. You have a beautiful Hilux! Safe travels man! Enjoy the open road!
Hei Jake
Thanks a lot for your kind message.
Good to hear you like what we are up to with ICE2017 and the Hilux AT37.
Thanks for following us over the next 6 weeks on our Iceland adventure.
I think it's going to be very interesting and exciting.
Thanks for sharing your YouTube Cannel.
Sounds like you have a great adventure ongoing.....
I will start to watch your videos on the 2 ferries, which will take 3 days from Norway to Denmark to Iceland, via Faroe Islands.
I will follow you on OB - Feel free to do likewise.
Take care, have a great trip - be in touch later.
Cheers
Neil

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Hei Jake
Thanks a lot for your kind message.
Good to hear you like what we are up to with ICE2017 and the Hilux AT37.
Thanks for following us over the next 6 weeks on our Iceland adventure.
I think it's going to be very interesting and exciting.
Thanks for sharing your YouTube Cannel.
Sounds like you have a great adventure ongoing.....
I will start to watch your videos on the 2 ferries, which will take 3 days from Norway to Denmark to Iceland, via Faroe Islands.
I will follow you on OB - Feel free to do likewise.
Take care, have a great trip - be in touch later.
Cheers
Neil
Hi Neil, and thank you for the follow on OB.
Yes, I'm looking forward to watching your journey and thank you for following mine!
Safe travels to us both and enjoy your trip!
Best regards,

Reactions: Neil Q Smith

Neil Q Smith

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hi Neil, and thank you for the follow on OB.
Yes, I'm looking forward to watching your journey and thank you for following mine!
Safe travels to us both and enjoy your trip!
Best regards,
Excellent..........
Please follow me in OB as well.
I have just started and don't have any followers yet.........feels a bit empty
Safe Travels