Launch Member

Traveler I

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Mattingly
Member #

Hey everyone! My name is Chris and I’m 19 from the outskirts of Louisville, Ky. I’ve always been an outdoor person my whole life and have always been into anything with wheels and a motor. I’ve been riding dirt bikes since i was about 7 or 8 and have just recently gotten into jumping freestyle ramps. I go camping with my family every other weekend over the summer and occasionally go with my brother off roading in his Jeep. My first vehicle was a 99 s10 blazer that had a little lift and never really went off-road. I just recently bought a bone stock 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ that i will be doing some modifications to. I already have a 4.5” lift kit, front winch bumper, heavy duty rear bumper, roof rack, and a set of 33s in the garage. Time is a valuable thing and not something i have much of right now lol so it’s all been just sitting around for about a month but i plan on getting on it in the next few weeks which I’ll try to make a thread on for anyone who wants to follow along! Overlanding just seems like the perfect combination of camping and off-roading so i knew i had to get in on it! I’m really looking forward to meeting some new people and learning everything i can from the huge amount of knowledge this group has!

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hey everyone! My name is Chris and I’m 19 from the outskirts of Louisville, Ky. I’ve always been an outdoor person my whole life and have always been into anything with wheels and a motor. I’ve been riding dirt bikes since i was about 7 or 8 and have just recently gotten into jumping freestyle ramps. I go camping with my family every other weekend over the summer and occasionally go with my brother off roading in his Jeep. My first vehicle was a 99 s10 blazer that had a little lift and never really went off-road. I just recently bought a bone stock 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ that i will be doing some modifications to. I already have a 4.5” lift kit, front winch bumper, heavy duty rear bumper, roof rack, and a set of 33s in the garage. Time is a valuable thing and not something i have much of right now lol so it’s all been just sitting around for about a month but i plan on getting on it in the next few weeks which I’ll try to make a thread on for anyone who wants to follow along! Overlanding just seems like the perfect combination of camping and off-roading so i knew i had to get in on it! I’m really looking forward to meeting some new people and learning everything i can from the huge amount of knowledge this group has!
Hello Chris and welcome to the OB crew...look forward to seeing your build and your adventures in your XJ.

Reactions: cmattingly6
S

SubeeBen

Welcome from San Diego Ca. Likewise what Chadlyb said . Let’s see those build Picts when you get it done. Hope you enjoy lots of great people here & loads of awesome information.

KYJK

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Crestwood KY
Member #

Hey Chris, welcome from Crestwood KY, on the outskirts of Louisville as well.
Definitely some good info here, including some trails not too far from us.

cmattingly6

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Mattingly
Member #

Hey Chris, welcome from Crestwood KY, on the outskirts of Louisville as well.
Definitely some good info here, including some trails not too far from us.
Thanks for the welcome! Yeah I’m actually out in my garage right now working on my Jeep. Should be up and going here in a few days! Can’t wait to get out on some trails with some new people!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R