New member in Charlotte NC, suggestions for trips??

• HTML tutorial

Nicky B

Rank I

Contributor III

Hey everyone, I'm not usually much of a forum guy, but I found this website and couldn't resist because it's exactly how I want to use my new truck. I live in Charlotte NC and I'm looking for places to take my truck where there are as few people as possible. I'm heading to Uwharrie National Forrest this weekend, but I wanted to know if there were any other spots within 2 hours of the city? I know the coast and the mountains have places, but I was hoping for more of a day trip. Thanks!

Reactions: Levidale

Nicky B

Rank I

Contributor III

Update on my trip: Had a great time in Uwharrie, despite the heat (index was about 105). Trails were fun, and I found some great camping spots, even outside the campgrounds. New Tacoma had no problem crawling over rocks/up hills, and I hardly ever lost traction, even on solid rock. I definitely need to add some height to the rig though, there are some steep berms/water breaks, many of which are now sporting paint from the bottom of my new nerf bars :(.

I'm definitely going to go with a lift kit as opposed to leveling, so any suggestions for kits are welcome (preferably around the $1,500 mark)

QCrunner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Hello and welcome, I'm a new guy from Charlotte also. Been wanting to head up to Uwharrie to test my 4runner stock. If you plan to head up again anytime soon I'd love to join.

Nicky B

Rank I

Contributor III

Hello and welcome, I'm a new guy from Charlotte also. Been wanting to head up to Uwharrie to test my 4runner stock. If you plan to head up again anytime soon I'd love to join.
Right on, I'll honestly probably wait until I have some more clearance before taking on the trails again, but if I make any plans, I'll post them. In the meantime, if you find out about any other places close by, hit me up. Welcome to the community!

Edit: I just got invited to a conversation called "
Uwharrie Rigs & Coffee", sounds like their planning a trip, check it out!

Last edited:

Landon Shaw

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

There is a group of us going in the 12th of this month. Meeting at Eldorado outpost at 9:30. Doing a little rigs and coffee meet then some people will be hitting the trails.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Nicky B

QCrunner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Charlotte, NC
Member #

There is a group of us going in the 12th of this month. Meeting at Eldorado outpost at 9:30. Doing a little rigs and coffee meet then some people will be hitting the trails.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Thanks for the heads-up. I got a message from NC Trooper about the meetup and definitely plan to attend. Looking forward to it!