New Member : GX470 in Fresno, CA

• HTML tutorial

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Heard about Overland Bound at this years Overland Expo West in Flagstaff, AZ and wanted to join the community.

2003 Lexus GX470
Located in Fresno, CA
Novice in Overlanding / Intermediate in off-roading

View attachment 107884
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Great pic btw...

Reactions: xplore.offroad

Contributor I

Fresno, CA
First Name
Andrey
Last Name
Kitsen
Hello and welcome to the OB crew...great looking Toy and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures. Great pic btw...
I'm a rock crawler at heart, but I do love taking longer trips across the state and country.

Gonna be building a storage and sleeping platform soon.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Heard about Overland Bound at this years Overland Expo West in Flagstaff, AZ and wanted to join the community.

2003 Lexus GX470
Located in Fresno, CA
Novice in Overlanding / Intermediate in off-roading

View attachment 107884
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet-up that is restating in Fresno soon, you should be receiving a notification on the forum for the date and time.

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Narbob . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

Welcome,
I have the same vehicle, but the 3.0 diesel version and I love it. In Europe is called Landcruiser Prado. Very capable for what it is. :)

Contributor I

Fresno, CA
First Name
Andrey
Last Name
Kitsen
Welcome,
I have the same vehicle, but the 3.0 diesel version and I love it. In Europe is called Landcruiser Prado. Very capable for what it is. :)
Do you just like to go around and make all of us Americans jealous with your badass diesel !?!

Everyone in the US is jealous that the rest of the world gets the torquey badass diesels....

Reactions: leeloo

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

Well you have the nice V8 sound.
Most 4x4 in europe are diesel, and I drove a lot of them, but this 3.0 seems to be setup specifically for off road, it is hard to explain the ease of control you have in difficult terrain where you have to crawl...you have to drive one. Otherwise is not impressive on paper at all or just 0-60 mph performance. It is the main reason I bought this particular model.
Right now the only engine that I wish I had would be the 4.5 V8 twin turbo diesel the aussies get .. never sold in Europe :( ... That one has both the torque and the sound as well :)

Contributor I

Fresno, CA
First Name
Andrey
Last Name
Kitsen
Well you have the nice V8 sound.
Most 4x4 in europe are diesel, and I drove a lot of them, but this 3.0 seems to be setup specifically for off road, it is hard to explain the ease of control you have in difficult terrain where you have to crawl...you have to drive one. Otherwise is not impressive on paper at all or just 0-60 mph performance. It is the main reason I bought this particular model.
Right now the only engine that I wish I had would be the 4.5 V8 twin turbo diesel the aussies get .. never sold in Europe :( ... That one has both the torque and the sound as well :)
Yeah, i watch tons of offroaders on youtube from Australia, and the finesse they get from those diesel engines.

Especially when regeared properly, its a crawling king.

I can only imagine how that 4.5 V8 twin turbo diesel runs.

Ronnie D.

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
Ronnie
Last Name
Dixon
Member #

like the rig. I'm in Bakersfield... hit me up any time for wheeling. I wheel most weekends, use to dirt bike in Miami Creek in your area many moons ago.