Rank III

Contributor III

Holliston, MA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Lenza
Member #

Hello! I have been a fan of OB for some time now and just today registered as a member. After parting with my Land Cruisers years ago (a 62 and an 80) and a few disruptive personal years that followed, things have settled somewhat (albeit amidst a pandemic) and I recently found myself a new-to-me '97 FJ80 for tripping/beaching/overlanding. It's got a fair few miles on it, and a short list of things to be addressed (because of course) but beyond that I am looking forward to building the truck up a bit and getting out with my son.

I'm really pleased to be able to join the community here, and I'd be keen to connect with other folks in New England as well.

Here's a pic from the obligatory christmas tree pickup a few weeks back.

"Dad... do you bring a saw?"

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! I have been a fan of OB for some time now and just today registered as a member. After parting with my Land Cruisers years ago (a 62 and an 80) and a few disruptive personal years that followed, things have settled somewhat (albeit amidst a pandemic) and I recently found myself a new-to-me '97 FJ80 for tripping/beaching/overlanding. It's got a fair few miles on it, and a short list of things to be addressed (because of course) but beyond that I am looking forward to building the truck up a bit and getting out with my son.

I'm really pleased to be able to join the community here, and I'd be keen to connect with other folks in New England as well.

Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members. These pages can be filtered by region.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Mathes
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Welcome James!

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Hey, Argyle! Welcome. We are at a disadvantage, those of us in the Boston area. But there are good places to go if we are willing to drive, and this is a great resource

Reactions: argyle

argyle

Rank III

Contributor III

Holliston, MA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Lenza
Member #

Hey, Argyle! Welcome. We are at a disadvantage, those of us in the Boston area. But there are good places to go if we are willing to drive, and this is a great resource
Totally - drag there isn't more like there is out west. Still, I figure a place like this is the best place to share info. Definitely want to get out there when/where ever possible.