Rank 0

Contributor I

Bellingham, WA, USA
First Name
George
Last Name
McKenna
Hi all,

I just purchased a 2006 Subaru Forester with 157k miles on the clock. It’s the 2.5L XT and was imported from Canada. I’m hoping to get some all terrain tires on Method wheels before the end of summer and other minor upgrades like mud flaps, cargo basket roof rack, Pioneer CarPlay stereo, maybe a light bar and upgraded head/fog lights. Any help or guidance in the area is appreciated greatly!

My name is George and this is my Forester9804611248087-F2C9-4613-AA57-7225614E1F9B.jpegEF83FD4B-C227-4F4C-ADE9-4DC450E91AB5.jpegBB88CDE6-D694-426E-97BC-972F32F425BB.jpeg

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Welcome to Overland Bound @georgymacXT from your neighbor in the next town over. That is a great looking Forester and it sounds like you have a nice list of stuff you want to do with it. I can't wait to see how you progress with it. There is a lot to do in the PNW, especially up here in the North Sound area. If you haven't already checked out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link], I highly recommend it, as that is where we plan our meetups and generally get to know the neighbors. We also post events on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well. There is a monthly meetup occuring the 1st Friday of each month at the Cascade Mall in Burlington [link] organized by @Gabriel Bozeman, it would be awesome of you could us. There is also a meetup in BC [link] coming up on June 8, 2019 organized by @CR-Venturer.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything or just want to chat with someone local, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi all,

I just purchased a 2006 Subaru Forester with 157k miles on the clock. It’s the 2.5L XT and was imported from Canada. I’m hoping to get some all terrain tires on Method wheels before the end of summer and other minor upgrades like mud flaps, cargo basket roof rack, Pioneer CarPlay stereo, maybe a light bar and upgraded head/fog lights. Any help or guidance in the area is appreciated greatly!

My name is George and this is my ForesterView attachment 98046View attachment 98047View attachment 98048View attachment 98049
Welcome from Whidbey Island! I hear Foresters can be awesome base vehicles. Looking forward to being able to meet you.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

GeorgymacXT,
Welcome from the dry side of the State! You’re Subi, looks great! Hope you join the group going to Northwestern Overland Expo. In Plain, WA. In June! Vance.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

TerraRoamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Richland, WA, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Welcome, from another new Washington member! That is a clean Forrester. I recommend looking into skid plates to protect the sensitive parts. You may have no plans to traverse rocky trails but your chances of hitting a loose rock or other obstacle obviously go up when you get into the mountains and off the paved roads. Just a little extra insurrance to reduce major damage and get you home at the end of the day.