Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Welcome aboard. We will actually be moving to the Buda area next year from Socal. Still undecide if im going to open a storefront or not. Very interested to see what type of camping/ trails there are out there....

Reactions: Cdaug

Robert Fullen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kerrville, Tx
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Fullen
Member #

Service Branch
None
Welcome aboard. We will actually be moving to the Buda area next year from Socal. Still undecide if im going to open a storefront or not. Very interested to see what type of camping/ trails there are out there....
One thing about Texas it’s mostly private lands but there are some beautiful things to see. I always say if I cant live in Colorado the Texas hill country is the only place I want to be! Just know when you move here its quite a drive to almost everything.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

One thing about Texas it’s mostly private lands but there are some beautiful things to see. I always say if I cant live in Colorado the Texas hill country is the only place I want to be! Just know when you move here its quite a drive to almost everything.
I was out there a couple of months ago looking at some property around Buda. Plus I live in Socal. it takes me 1.5 hours to get home from work and its only 38 miles. im ok with drivetime :)

Are there any good options for overland/ offroad companies local to the Buda area?

Robert Fullen

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kerrville, Tx
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Fullen
Member #

Service Branch
None
I was out there a couple of months ago looking at some property around Buda. Plus I live in Socal. it takes me 1.5 hours to get home from work and its only 38 miles. im ok with drivetime :)

Are there any good options for overland/ offroad companies local to the Buda area?
There are some great people and companies in the area. You will love it! Overlanding is getting alot of attention in this area! We met some people at the Outdoor Expo last weekend from that area! They were very nice !

Reactions: Raul B

Cdaug

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX
Member #

I'm talking to Roam Adventure Co (can't link because new to the forum) about one of their awnings (similar to ARB), but they also have RTTs and other bugout gear. They're located in Austin and were pretty quick to respond on their Instagram (less than 5 mins). That's the most I've seen!

The Austin traffic may be a bit better than SoCal but not by much! Welcome to TX!

BrianBraski

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

I am about to moving down to Buda in a month or so for work I will be down there for about 9months.

CITYRNR

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Austin/Los Angeles
Member #

Just found this thread and was glad to see it was recent. Just moved to New Braunfels from Los Angeles and can vouch for Austin traffic being no joke. Got a 4Runner and looking to do some trips in the area. Is it cool on this forum to just keep this thread alive to organize something? I bet we could get something out together for February.

F250INTX

Rank 0

Traveler I

Eddy, TX
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5RWN
Hey all... I'm new here on OB but not to the community. Texas Overland on Facebook is a great source. Great people, a lot of info and many local trips and get togethers. Come check it out. Maybe we can start cross posting events and rides? A couple of us did a Texas Borders trip you may be interested in? and

Reactions: BrianBraski

Nathan81

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New Braunfels, TX, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Bonnet
Member #

Just found this thread and was glad to see it was recent. Just moved to New Braunfels from Los Angeles and can vouch for Austin traffic being no joke. Got a 4Runner and looking to do some trips in the area. Is it cool on this forum to just keep this thread alive to organize something? I bet we could get something out together for February.

Glad to have ya. You have a nice park not too far from you near Marble Falls TX. The parks name is Hidden Falls adventure park.

Reactions: CITYRNR

BrianBraski

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

February is far enough out most should be able to set aside the date. I am in the Temple area currently and would be down for something then.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

How does it compare to LA traffic? Takes me 1.5-2 hours every day to drive into LA from Simi valley.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Hey, welcome. I moved up to MA from Austin a year ago. Miss it dearly.
Like others have said, Texas Overland is a great local group. I lead a couple trips with them while I was down there. I think the Hill Country Rendezvous route is still online somewhere. Hasn't been updated though. Most of what you will find in Texas is soft roading since, as you know, Texas is Private land. It can be tough to string together long distances on dirt but don't let that deter you. There is a lot of beautiful country to see out there.

CITYRNR

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Austin/Los Angeles
Member #

How does it compare to LA traffic? Takes me 1.5-2 hours every day to drive into LA from Simi valley.
Damn sounds like you have to drive to downtown or Inglewood. I’d say the traffic is just as bad but it’s smaller. So it’d be hard to find a 1.5 hour commute in city, but sitting for an hour to cross a small distance is probably almost as frustrating. Plenty of places to stop for bbq or a drink at least.