First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all,

The Overland Bound Community has outgrown our current forum platform!

THIS WEEK we will be migrating to a new, superior forum platform!

Over the last few weeks I have been working with members to test the new forums, features, functionality, and configuration to insure the new platform delivers what the community will need. We all agree the new forums are MUCH better.

In order to do the migration, we will need to take some downtime to migrate the current forums and data, and your user accounts to the new platform.

I will have communicate the scheduled downtime in advance!

Please let me know in this thread if there are features you would really like to see in the new platform. I also need a few more folks to hammer on the new setup, so let me know if you are interested!

Thanks to all. Very excited to improve the user experience here, and grow the Overland Bound community!

-Michael

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Thanks, Michael,

Per your invitation, I registered at the test forum to try things out, but never got approved. So I'm looking forward to seeing what it is like. I've been admin or moderator on several forum software, but have never been on a forum that used XenForo. It will be interesting to get to know it.

Steve

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Outstanding, I can't wait.  We're getting a new people everyday now.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

Folks, it's lookin' freakin' AWESOME... can't wait for the move! Totally worth the wait for quality software.

Thanks, Michael for jumping all over this and taking time out of your vacation to keep us happy :-D

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

Will you be keeping Tapatalk functionality? Or does the new software have a decent mobile platform?

I haven't used a desk dinosaur in a few years now :-)

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I remember some people said they do not have a speed problem on this board but I always have (200mbps service) and so far the new board zips right through with no lag.    I spent the better part of last night talking to myself and it was very nice.

There will be some growing pains even after the port as with all new hosts but I wouldn't expect too many problems.

I think it's going to be a big hit.   Thank you Michael.

W.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey all,

The conversion is going to start at 12:00 midnight TONIGHT. The forums will be down for a number of hours.

When they come back, they will be shiny and new!

M

Dominic OB0158

US West Region Member Rep
Founder 500
Benefactor
Launch Member

Member II

Perris Ca
First Name
Dominic
Last Name
Moschetti
Member #

Hey Michael, the new forums looks great. Just spent the weekend Lake Arrow Head with fellow outdoor adventure travelers. Keep up the great work.