Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Looks awesome Michael, Now just need a volunteer to go out in the middle of nowhere and do something dumb to test it out in real life lol .... thinking about it, I am more than qualified to do something dumb would not even be my first time this year....lol

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
OK all - here is the first live test of the SA system. Much may be broken until you get the new build in the next few days, but you can see the format of this in the app and on web:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Works I would say. Looks good, everything important can be seen at first glance.

Great work! Looking forward to the next release of OB1.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
OK all! The build has been released and should be available in the app stores. "Support Alert" is available in the slide out menu. Remember, creating a Support Alert will notify real members, so be sure to say "TEST ONLY" in the title. it would be good to get a couple of test from you guys. Maybe in areas that are fairly remote so you are not spamming.

Thank you!

M

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
OK all! The build has been released and should be available in the app stores. "Support Alert" is available in the slide out menu. Remember, creating a Support Alert will notify real members, so be sure to say "TEST ONLY" in the title. it would be good to get a couple of test from you guys. Maybe in areas that are fairly remote so you are not spamming.

Thank you!

M
Michael, is there a radius from the geolocation that you send the alert from that members will be notified? assuming it is only those that have selected 'helper' on their profile? does it also go to staff, i.e HQ, Directors and member reps? Thank you

Reactions: El-Dracho

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Michael, is there a radius from the geolocation that you send the alert from that members will be notified? assuming it is only those that have selected 'helper' on their profile? does it also go to staff, i.e HQ, Directors and member reps? Thank you
Hi Dave, we try to find 50 within 100 miles and if not we expand the radius. Currently the limit is set to a 500 mile diameter.

We have not yet provided a specific on/off for the Support Alert system. Reps and Admins can be notified with a push note regardless of location by following the Support Alert thread. No matter where in the world the SA is created, an update or new thread in that forum will trigger a push note through the app.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hi Dave, we try to find 50 within 100 miles and if not we expand the radius. Currently the limit is set to a 500 mile diameter.

We have not yet provided a specific on/off for the Support Alert system. Reps and Admins can be notified with a push note regardless of location by following the Support Alert thread. No matter where in the world the SA is created, an update or new thread in that forum will trigger a push note through the app.
Thank you, Thread followed and heading off to make sure OB app is updated. Thank you for your continued work on this project!

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Thank you!

M

Great! Thank you.

@Michael Just wanted to check it out. Unfortunately, when I tap on the "Support Alert" button in the slide out menu and the fields appear and then after about a second the app crashes, i.e. closes. Samsung phone, Android 11, OB1 App version I just wanted to check, but now the app already crashes when I even open the slide out menu. Mmhh, what happens there?

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Great! Thank you.

@Michael Just wanted to check it out. Unfortunately, when I tap on the "Support Alert" button in the slide out menu and the fields appear and then after about a second the app crashes, i.e. closes. Samsung phone, Android 11, OB1 App version I just wanted to check, but now the app already crashes when I even open the slide out menu. Mmhh, what happens there?
:/ heck - OK - testing here.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Great! Thank you.

Can you see if you can access the feature through the regular Rally Point Create path in app? Type = Support Alert.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Can you see if you can access the feature through the regular Rally Point Create path in app? Type = Support Alert.
Yes, I can see the form then, select "support alert" and again also here the app crahses after one or two seconds.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Yes, I can see the form then, select "support alert" and again also here the app crashes after one or two seconds.
OK - we are getting close to a cause. It is the Support Alert RP type. Thankfully this does not occur on my Android device, so at least it is not all devices. Can you give me your App version?

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
So I checked other functions, it is always the same, the app crahes after a while. This is since the update. I will do a reboot of the phone now and check again.

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Thank you!

M
@Michael Now the app is up and running again, do we need some more tests of this new function?