Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Georgia, USA
First Name
T
Last Name
W
Member #

Oh, and if anyone has, what kind of pricing did you get?

I called up my local Les Schwab and got a quote for $1,100 for 4 of the 10-ply which I guess is the LT instead of the 6-ply which I assume is the regular AT3... I was a little speechless... granted, Les Schwab does lifetime rotates and balances, offers free flat repair, and has some great customer service (most of the time). But still, that was a lot more than I expected.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I would definitely go the 10ply route but that is kinda steep for tires I haven't seen really reviewed or pushed to the limits yet

Sent from my SM-G960U using OB Talk mobile app

NkedFatWhiteGuy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Beaverton, Oregon
Member #

I would definitely go the 10ply route but that is kinda steep for tires I haven't seen really reviewed or pushed to the limits yet

Sent from my SM-G960U using OB Talk mobile app
Yeah, that’s kinda what I was thinkin’ too... on both statements! The 10-ply would be the way to go, but it does seem like quite a bit of $$$! I would love to hear someone else’s experience with them!

Hawkeye #1

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denmark, Iowa
First Name
David
Last Name
Yaley
Member #

I am curious as to why you would put the E rated on versus the C rated ? Even loaded down pretty good, I would think most overlanding type vehicles would not overload C rated tires.

NkedFatWhiteGuy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Beaverton, Oregon
Member #

I am curious as to why you would put the E rated on versus the C rated ? Even loaded down pretty good, I would think most overlanding type vehicles would not overload C rated tires.
Um... because more is better??? Honestly, the only reason why is because the jump from C to E is like $10/tire. :grimacing:

NkedFatWhiteGuy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Beaverton, Oregon
Member #

I checked at Costco this evening - while I was there donating to their shareholder’s retirement funds - on some KO2’s and they are less than $220/tire installed with the same basic benefits that buying at Les Schwab would bring me. Additionally, it sounds like they may be having a bit of a sale on them coming up soon that would at least offset to cost of the mounting.

I think I am putting a rush on myself that need not be there because I want new tires on a new rig... “Patience young Padwan”. Besides, after the absolute fiasco my wife and I just went through trying to get a Yakima roof box on the 4Runner in the dark for a camping trip this weekend, my new rig investment may need to be into a new Gobi or BajaRack. I think my 3 year-old just learned some new words from Mommy and Daddy...

Reactions: Hawkeye #1

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

I will be pling the trigger on a set of these in 285/75r17 in about 2 days. I will be sure to post pictures and an initial review. I'm very optimistic. Also regarding pricing , I found an eBay seller set of 4 shippdd to my door $900 .Not bad considering k02 would cost me about $1200.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hawkeye #1

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denmark, Iowa
First Name
David
Last Name
Yaley
Member #

I will be pling the trigger on a set of these in 285/75r17 in about 2 days. I will be sure to post pictures and an initial review. I'm very optimistic. Also regarding pricing , I found an eBay seller set of 4 shippdd to my door $900 .Not bad considering k02 would cost me about $1200.

Hey Cody, with that tire size do you have a lift on your vehicle ?
I have a Fj Cruiser and am not sure if that size would fit without lifting it a little.

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Hey Cody, with that tire size do you have a lift on your vehicle ?
I have a Fj Cruiser and am not sure if that size would fit without lifting it a little.
I'm running a 2.5 tereflex with rancho 9000xl's. Provided probably about 3in. From all the reasearching , the 285/75 should be a great fit with proper backspacing .

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Tires are ordered. wound up with an even better deal than expected, $854 shipped!
Suppose to arrive on the Tuesday. Super stoked!

NkedFatWhiteGuy

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Beaverton, Oregon
Member #

Tires are ordered. wound up with an even better deal than expected, $854 shipped!
Suppose to arrive on the Tuesday. Super stoked!

You ordered a set of the XLT or is it the LT? I was just pricing out tires, but am looking for 275/70/17 and the XLT are not available in that size so I am looking at the LTs since regular AT3s are discontinued now... just more curious ;-)

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

You ordered a set of the XLT or is it the LT? I was just pricing out tires, but am looking for 275/70/17 and the XLT are not available in that size so I am looking at the LTs since regular AT3s are discontinued now... just more curious ;-)

I ordered the XLT. 285/75/17

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Well I couldn't be happier , ordered yesterday morning and they will be delivered today , 1 day shipping, for free! Will post up pictures as soon as I get home. [emoji16]

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Well 26 hour delivery time must say, I am very impressed. Tires look great and will be mounted atabout 3 pm CST. More pictures to follow. Girlfriend brought them inside and then realized she couldn't close the front door! [emoji3]

Hawkeye #1

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denmark, Iowa
First Name
David
Last Name
Yaley
Member #

Well 26 hour delivery time must say, I am very impressed. Tires look great and will be mounted atabout 3 pm CST. More pictures to follow. Girlfriend brought them inside and then realized she couldn't close the front door! [emoji3]

They are a good looking tire. Which ones are they exactly ?

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

AT3 XLT , 285/75R17

Attached is a screen shot of the eBay seller , please support him considering the great price and quick delivery time , can't be beat.

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Before and after , it's like a new vehicle , tires look great and drive even better. I can't wait to really get some miles on them

Hawkeye #1

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Denmark, Iowa
First Name
David
Last Name
Yaley
Member #

Before and after , it's like a new vehicle , tires look great and drive even better. I can't wait to really get some miles on them

Well after seeing these tires on your vehicle I'm pretty sure I will be putting a set on my Fj. They really look good on yours.
I just hope I can get that price when I am ready to order them. Thanks for your input and pictures.

TreadHead Pops

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Edmonton, Alberta
Member #

Cooper ST Maxx here too. Rain, Snow, Off-Road are all positive. Had BFG AT's before that (multiple sets), and the only th8ng they were ok on was dry road - any snow and they were useless.

When this set is done I will definitely get another set of the coopers.
Agree 100%!!! We went with Faulken Wildpeaks after putting nearly 100 000 Kms on our Cooper Stt Max and will be switching back as soon as we can. Wildpeaks were perfect for our Moab trip, but we find when the temp dips below -15 C they freeze solid and don't provide any traction. Cooper's met our Canadian winter needs and wheeled perfect in Moab, best overall option for us!

cody_roberts

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Roberts
Member #

Ya , if I was you I wouldn't hesitate. I wish I could convey the driving difference to you. I don't know why I switched out of Cooper's on other vehicles , I have never had a problem. Regarding price even if I had paid 1000$ for them I would be perfectly ok.
Well after seeing these tires on your vehicle I'm pretty sure I will be putting a set on my Fj. They really look good on yours.
I just hope I can get that price when I am ready to order them. Thanks for your input and pictures.