New Camera, first go at it.

• HTML tutorial

GoHeels

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wilmington NC
Member #

Just playing around with a new (to me) Camera i got to take on trips.
Just an Old Nikon d3000 with af-s 18-55mm and 55-200mm nothing fancy. Got another 70-300mm lens on layaway. Thought I would break it in at a local Nature trail, and get familiar with some of its Functions and settings.

DSC_0156.JPG
DSC_0159.JPG
DSC_0160.JPG DSC_0171.JPGDSC_0123.JPG
DSC_0129.JPG
DSC_0089.JPG

E

expeditionnorth

nice shots!
get a small note book & record what F stop & shutter speed you have the camera set for & what the desired effect is
this makes it easier to go back & replicate
& dont be afraid to play around with depth of field aka DOF
keep up the great shots, you old pro

Reactions: GoHeels

GoHeels

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wilmington NC
Member #

nice shots!
get a small note book & record what F stop & shutter speed you have the camera set for & what the desired effect is
this makes it easier to go back & replicate
& dont be afraid to play around with depth of field aka DOF
keep up the great shots, you old pro
Good idea, I've also noticed in playback mode(on the camera it tells these details) or in the photo editors under image properties. Once I get some more in different lighting situations it will be easy to see what works and what doesn't.

Last edited:
Reactions: expeditionnorth

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
That's great that you are learning to use your DSLR on manual settings.. I just taught my co-pilot aboout manual settings when I got her a new camera 2 years ago. Then I bought her a macro and it has opened up a whole new world for her. Those are some really good images, so I'd say you are well on your way. The really cool thing is we no longer have to waste rolls and rolls of film any more in order to get one or two keepers... Just hit the delete button !!

Reactions: GoHeels