Nevada weekend trip October 15th and 16th.

• HTML tutorial

onedaatmc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colfax, California
Member #

So do you guys remember the sign at the photo shot , when we were all lined up ? I sent the pic of that sign and our group shot to the place on the sign .

Here was the guys reply :

Our Group Overland Bound 4x4 club , ran across one of your trail markers , and just thought I'd show you the pic !
Inbox
x

Bill Bishell <emigranttrailinfo@gmail.com>
7:14 AM (11 hours ago)

to me

Thanks for the photos of your group. Looks like you were having a good time. I remember digging the hole for that marker S-2. It's right on the Walker River/Sonora trail.
If you want to visit more, we have another 700 of them out there.

-----------
Bill Bishell
Director
Webmaster
Trails West, Inc.
www.emigranttrailswest.org

Hope it was cool to do so ? .....

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

So do you guys remember the sign at the photo shot , when we were all lined up ? I sent the pic of that sign and our group shot to the place on the sign .

Here was the guys reply :

Our Group Overland Bound 4x4 club , ran across one of your trail markers , and just thought I'd show you the pic !
Inbox
x

Bill Bishell <emigranttrailinfo@gmail.com>
7:14 AM (11 hours ago)

to me

Thanks for the photos of your group. Looks like you were having a good time. I remember digging the hole for that marker S-2. It's right on the Walker River/Sonora trail.
If you want to visit more, we have another 700 of them out there.

-----------
Bill Bishell
Director
Webmaster
Trails West, Inc.

Hope it was cool to do so ? .....
That would be cool to find a bunch of them. There was one on the road by fort churchill for the pony express.

Reactions: onedaatmc

onedaatmc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colfax, California
Member #

The latest reply from Emigrant trails about other trail markers, etc.

Oct 23 (2 days ago)

to Bill

Thats Great ! where else are they in California / Nevada ? I shared your reply with the powers that be in the club... so maybe we can connect , etc.

Bill Bishell
9:31 AM (2 minutes ago)

to me

Hi Mike - Well, you've probably been to our website as I assume that's where you got our email address. If not, it's located here:

There is a rough map of the emigrant trails where we've placed markers at the bottom of the first paragraph located here:
http://emigranttrailswest.org/trail-guides-for-purchase/
It all really depends on where you want to go and what your interests are. Most of the Nevada trails are desert where the ones on the western side of the Sierra in California are usually in a more urban type area.
If you're interested in the emigrant trails and their history, following one of our guides is pretty neat as you're driving right on the tracks of the old wagons that brought pioneers westward for the gold rush and to settle the west.
If that's not your thing, just following the trails is a lot of off road type fun and you get to see some great country. Most trails are pretty easy, but some do require 4x4 with high clearance.
If you're looking for something specific, I can probably make some recommendations. Depends on where you want to go and for how long.

Reactions: stoney126 and O.Dfj

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

The latest reply from Emigrant trails about other trail markers, etc.

Oct 23 (2 days ago)

to Bill

Thats Great ! where else are they in California / Nevada ? I shared your reply with the powers that be in the club... so maybe we can connect , etc.

Bill Bishell
9:31 AM (2 minutes ago)

to me

Hi Mike - Well, you've probably been to our website as I assume that's where you got our email address. If not, it's located here:

There is a rough map of the emigrant trails where we've placed markers at the bottom of the first paragraph located here:
http://emigranttrailswest.org/trail-guides-for-purchase/
It all really depends on where you want to go and what your interests are. Most of the Nevada trails are desert where the ones on the western side of the Sierra in California are usually in a more urban type area.
If you're interested in the emigrant trails and their history, following one of our guides is pretty neat as you're driving right on the tracks of the old wagons that brought pioneers westward for the gold rush and to settle the west.
If that's not your thing, just following the trails is a lot of off road type fun and you get to see some great country. Most trails are pretty easy, but some do require 4x4 with high clearance.
If you're looking for something specific, I can probably make some recommendations. Depends on where you want to go and for how long.
I think i might buy one of those books since im in Nevada so much

Reactions: onedaatmc