Nevada weekend trip October 15th and 16th.

• HTML tutorial

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

So Ive learned fromt his trip that I need a to buy a real Camera. Fumbling around with a cell phone cost me a few good pics. And Getting the Gopro to work reliably and not overheat is my next goal.

Tom K

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Zürich, Switzerland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JHR
So Ive learned fromt his trip that I need a to buy a real Camera. Fumbling around with a cell phone cost me a few good pics. And Getting the Gopro to work reliably and not overheat is my next goal.
Yeah, I lost an entire day's worth of GoPro video on one camera somehow (this has happened to me before with the Session, it gets corrupted or something.) It's a huge bummer.

Reactions: Kelly

Wolfy

Rank V

Advocate I

Reno
Good times guys! Thanks for planning this Zach! Kinda bummed we didn't do the last section, but I'm on borrowed miles with my CV boots, so I figured I'd play it safe...

I will work on a video of this trip this week. Here's a teaser (pretty sure this was everyone's favorite part of the trail):
I got a lot of good shots, but if you guys have any good stuff from your GoPros you'd like me to include I'd love to have them. Most of mine has the same 1 or two trucks in front of me. I managed to fill two 32 gig cards and kill three batteries with mine. Man those things are frustrating. Here's a link to upload. Please add your user name to the file names so I can properly credit you : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hcgeuxm11l0xk21/AACpTc70-458gygZxDictLuJa?dl=0

I got to thinking on the way home, if you guys are interested I'll plan a route that will surely take us close to wild horses. Would probably run from I-80 at Lockwood to Virginia City and end in Dayton or Carson City. We say several bands on our way home via Six Mile Canyon and Geiger Grade Road.

-M

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
@Wolfy We did see maybe 25-30 wild horses Sunday afternoon between Dayton and Carson city. Very cool!!!!!
Very cool video, and it's kind of funny to see from the back!!!!!!

Reactions: O.Dfj

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Good times guys! Thanks for planning this Zach! Kinda bummed we didn't do the last section, but I'm on borrowed miles with my CV boots, so I figured I'd play it safe...

I will work on a video of this trip this week. Here's a teaser (pretty sure this was everyone's favorite part of the trail):
I got a lot of good shots, but if you guys have any good stuff from your GoPros you'd like me to include I'd love to have them. Most of mine has the same 1 or two trucks in front of me. I managed to fill two 32 gig cards and kill three batteries with mine. Man those things are frustrating. Here's a link to upload. Please add your user name to the file names so I can properly credit you : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hcgeuxm11l0xk21/AACpTc70-458gygZxDictLuJa?dl=0

I got to thinking on the way home, if you guys are interested I'll plan a route that will surely take us close to wild horses. Would probably run from I-80 at Lockwood to Virginia City and end in Dayton or Carson City. We say several bands on our way home via Six Mile Canyon and Geiger Grade Road.

-M
I will try and have mike upload that stuff to the drop box he has both my sd cards from the gopro.

Reactions: Wolfy

mmnorthdirections

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Dixon Ca
First Name
mason
Last Name
north
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EUR
Hey all, Just spoke to Kelly @Reconnoiter is on his way to Dayton/Carson city to get the rig work done.
He has a very cool story to share about his route to town. So keep an eye out!!!!!

Reactions: Kiachu1183

onedaatmc

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Colfax, California
Member #

Yeah the first leg of the trip was cool ! Jan was NOT digging the wind at the campsite and all the limbs and trees fallen down around us ! So we ended up back in Dayton found some awesome pizza, then carson city for the nite at a hotel .... She also said , thats a guys thing , she will not be going again ....but I will !