Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

If anyone knows somebody looking for a Bedrack. Mine is for sale for a killer price considering what they’re worth new. Let me know. Need it gone due to some personal things going on
I might, but need more info. What brand, size/length, price?
Aluminum Powdercoated CBI Overland Bedrack fits 2nd and 3rd gen longbed Tacoma’s. Comes complete with chase and third brake lights, camp lighting, mounts for a hilift, traction boards, and 2 quickfists. $1200 OBO

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

I also posted a rally point. For New Year’s Eve Overland trip. 2 more spots available. If anyone’s interested

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Hey all, I’m a little late to the party, but my wife and I have been building up our rig since the start of quarantine, but not new to overlanding. Been exploring through VA, WV, and NC and most recently returned from Boone and Blue Ridge.

Met Curt (@Maverick9110E) at MSO’s Adventure X Fest in Covington, and excited to connect with more folks in NC.
Nice truck and nice pup!

Reactions: RemarkableOverland

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

Checking in, Ive been busy with the truck lately, 5.29 gears, 35s and new ADS coilovers are all done now. Now to start wok on the DIY Wedge Camper. Planning on another meetup at a brewery soon! Keep an eye out on the Rally Point page

Extraterrestrial_GX

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Holly Springs, NC, USA
First Name
Izat
Last Name
Dagher
Member #

Hey guys, Raleigh NC here!

I had a nicely built Xterra (Profile pic) but unfortunately It got totaled on a trip in the mountains of Western NC in October.
Since, I got my self a GX460 that I am slowly building. So far its got a Dobinsons lift and few electrical mods. Much more to come!

Excited to explore with this group at some point.

I posted a thread in the main Southeast forum to get together and plan some trips and events as I am so jealous of all the fun they have on the West side of the country.

Reactions: JButtress

Mango

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hillsborough, NC, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Schreck
Dave here. Raleigh area! Brand new to this, just got Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Building it out now. I moved here 2 years ago and my life fell apart a bit... using this as a start to rebuilding it. I don't know too many people around me so please hit me up if you are nearby! I would love to find a group to be apart of!

KM4DWS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Arden, NC
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Marske
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4DWS
Hey guys, Raleigh NC here!

I had a nicely built Xterra (Profile pic) but unfortunately It got totaled on a trip in the mountains of Western NC in October.
Since, I got my self a GX460 that I am slowly building. So far its got a Dobinsons lift and few electrical mods. Much more to come!

Excited to explore with this group at some point.

I posted a thread in the main Southeast forum to get together and plan some trips and events as I am so jealous of all the fun they have on the West side of the country.
Welcome from WNC!
Sorry to hear about the Xterra, I pray that everyone was ok. I personally like the GX platform I have an '07 GX470 so I am not as knowledgeable with the 460s. When I started driving my Lexus through the woods everyone thought I was crazy but now you see them pretty regularly.

Low-hanging plastic will most likely be your biggest problem.

KM4DWS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Arden, NC
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Marske
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4DWS
Dave here. Raleigh area! Brand new to this, just got Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Building it out now. I moved here 2 years ago and my life fell apart a bit... using this as a start to rebuilding it. I don't know too many people around me so please hit me up if you are nearby! I would love to find a group to be apart of!
Dave, very sorry to hear that. Welcome from the Mountains in WNC. I am about 4.5 hours from your area but we should meet up sometime in the Linnville Gorge area at some point it is a decent place to experience the forests of the South East and between Asheville and your area. It will have to be much late fall for me as we are about to have our 2nd child.

Reactions: Extraterrestrial_GX

Mango

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hillsborough, NC, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Schreck
Dave, very sorry to hear that. Welcome from the Mountains in WNC. I am about 4.5 hours from your area but we should meet up sometime in the Linnville Gorge area at some point it is a decent place to experience the forests of the South East and between Asheville and your area. It will have to be much late fall for me as we are about to have our 2nd child.
Sounds good. I've camped out at Linville Gorge before. It's great there! I look forward to it.

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
Sounds good. I've camped out at Linville Gorge before. It's great there! I look forward to it.
Linville is beautiful. Run Old Hwy 105, if you haven't yet. There are also a ton of forest roads you can take as well. We spent hours rollin through the wilderness. So many beautiful, natural, water sites and wildlife. Had a black bear run out in front of us on one of the roads. Pucker moment!