Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

Figured I'd make a short but simple roll call thread for all NC OB members. Post a pic of your rig along with location and your favorite place you've explored to

KM4DWS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Arden, NC
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Marske
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4DWS
Cherokee, NC. Not ventured very far yet but seen some local fire tower roads and our closest campground just inside the GSMNP. Hurricane Creek is definitely on the to do list!
I am up for it or any other places around WNC and Eastern TN and North east GA

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Hey Jonathan,
I have explored many of the areas in NC and SC (in some cases with Jason) and have camped all over the South West, West and North East. Currently rolling in a 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad with extras. A group of us just camped on the Horsepasture River in Gorges State Park then ran Horsepasture Road the next day to the overlook before camping at Cherry Hill Recreation Area.

tacoma11.jpg

tacoma12.jpg

tacoma13.jpg

View attachment IMG_7653.MOV

Attachments

Last edited:

Aaron Parker

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Stem, NC
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Parker
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4WCJ
Aaron, From Stem NC, how's it going everyone!

Been all over NC over the last 20 years since we moved from Ohio. Mountains are my bag, but due to my wife's love of the beach we have spent a good deal of time there too. Mostly around the Atlantic Beach area.

Due to recent job changes, and reprioritizing of life in general, we are planning to do more short trips. We also have a trip out west planned in the near future as well.

We just got the Dominator trailer, already posted on that. So pretty excited to get on the road and see some new sites.

Would love me meet\talk with anyone who knows some great trails in or near NC!

Attachments

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

There is going to be an overland meetup in Clayton this Saturday 5pm-8pm at Deep River Brewing Company. CHekc the Rally Point page for details. If you are coming make sure to RSVP

Reactions: Maverick9110E

glade8r

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklinton, NC, USA
First Name
Jamie
Last Name
Wells
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4UFU
Franklinton Nc here (north of Wake Forest).
We did Hurricane Creek trail early last year as our first outing. Hit URE once as well as Old Nc 105 and a few fire roads in the mountains. Favorite place so far is driving out on the beach at Fort Fisher. We've been doing that once or twice a month lol. That is the only way to beach! Headed to Cape Lookout at the end of the month.
Screenshot_20191029-153952(1).pngIMG_20191027_124940_445 (1).jpg

Reactions: KM4DWS

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Franklinton Nc here (north of Wake Forest).
We did Hurricane Creek trail early last year as our first outing. Hit URE once as well as Old Nc 105 and a few fire roads in the mountains. Favorite place so far is driving out on the beach at Fort Fisher. We've been doing that once or twice a month lol. That is the only way to beach! Headed to Cape Lookout at the end of the month.
View attachment 166836View attachment 166837
I'm the next town over in Louisburg, good to see ya man! Going to Clayton Brewery Meetup tomorrow?

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Aaron, From Stem NC, how's it going everyone!

Been all over NC over the last 20 years since we moved from Ohio. Mountains are my bag, but due to my wife's love of the beach we have spent a good deal of time there too. Mostly around the Atlantic Beach area.

Due to recent job changes, and reprioritizing of life in general, we are planning to do more short trips. We also have a trip out west planned in the near future as well.

We just got the Dominator trailer, already posted on that. So pretty excited to get on the road and see some new sites.

Would love me meet\talk with anyone who knows some great trails in or near NC!
Awsome trailer! I'm just down the road from you in the Lousiburg/Youngsville area.

Member I

North Carolina
First Name
Nino
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

Holly Springs area and just recently got into overlanding minus all the cool stuff haha

2020 Trailboss with zero mods but that'll be changing soon

Trails so far have been Buzzard roost near Hurricane creek
L1042770.jpg and random forest roads near Fort Bragg

Reactions: Maverick9110E

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Holly Springs area and just recently got into overlanding minus all the cool stuff haha

2020 Trailboss with zero mods but that'll be changing soon

Trails so far have been Buzzard roost near Hurricane creek
View attachment 167685 and random forest roads near Fort Bragg

Looks awesome man. I am really digging the Trail Boss package Chevy has out. We've got 9 rigs heading out to Hurricane creek at the end of next month. You should definitley come along! Here is a link to the Rally Pointt :

https://www.overlandbound.com/event/hurricane-creek-and-max-patch/

KM4DWS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Arden, NC
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Marske
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4DWS
Need to find that spot!! awesome view
If you are going up Hurricane Creek from I40 the last intersection before the top is Wesley Creek Road turn right onto it that, and it will lead you right to that spot.