Enthusiast I

Selma, NC, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Crowley
Member #

Hey Guys
Selma NC here. Just sold my 2017 Silverado, dealers are paying crazy prices for trucks right now. They gave me more than I paid for it a year and a half ago. Picked up a 2008 Tacoma and I am already ordering parts. Me and the fam had done a few trips to the mountains in the Chevy but can’t wait to get the Tacoma out. Hope to meet up with some of guys on some trail rides.
02CD9B69-4012-41E3-A0D6-A3FE0053EDA0.jpeg2A646AAD-E56A-4E70-9B83-9BF61DCB169C.jpeg

Reactions: Staticline40

Member I

North Carolina
First Name
Nino
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

Holly Springs area and just recently got into overlanding minus all the cool stuff haha

2020 Trailboss with zero mods but that'll be changing soon

Trails so far have been Buzzard roost near Hurricane creek
View attachment 167685 and random forest roads near Fort Bragg

Looks awesome man. I am really digging the Trail Boss package Chevy has out. We've got 9 rigs heading out to Hurricane creek at the end of next month. You should definitley come along! Here is a link to the Rally Pointt :

Hurricane Creek and Max Patch
Definitely gonna see if the wife and I can make it out. No camping gear so if we do go we'll meet y'all on the trail. Full size truck would be okay on hurricane?

Reactions: Maverick9110E

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Definitely gonna see if the wife and I can make it out. No camping gear so if we do go we'll meet y'all on the trail. Full size truck would be okay on hurricane?
I've seen a few raptors do it and they are wise as hell. I believe it can definitely be done but I'm assuming a shitload of pinstripping. I'll have my full size f150

Reactions: lilredtrailboss

Icculus

Rank I

Member I

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Scarboro
Member #

@Maverick9110E That sounds awesome. I would love to join but right now I find myself battling that mental trap of you need this that and the other to go offroading. My sliders are on backorder (BudBuilt, loved them on my old truck) and I still haven't done the rear diff breather mod. Sounds like a great trip with good people just not sure I'm 100% ready yet

Reactions: KM4DWS

Member I

North Carolina
First Name
Nino
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

@Maverick9110E That sounds awesome. I would love to join but right now I find myself battling that mental trap of you need this that and the other to go offroading. My sliders are on backorder (BudBuilt, loved them on my old truck) and I still haven't done the rear diff breather mod. Sounds like a great trip with good people just not sure I'm 100% ready yet
What are you driving?

Reactions: RoughRider1944

Member I

North Carolina
First Name
Nino
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

What are you driving?
2020 4Runner Off Road - Toytec level kit - 285/70/17 BFG KO2
Id say just get out there and see what the truck can do within your limits. I was shocked at what my big 1500 could do on some tight trails. We all want the cool stuff that's for sure but unlike Toyota I'll have to wait for some cool stuff to hit the market lol

Reactions: Maverick9110E

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
I'll 2nd that. I've seen stock 4Runners do the trail for sure. If you check out Sir William Goes on youtube i think he has a video of him doing it in his stock 4runner.

KM4DWS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Arden, NC
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Marske
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4DWS
I've seen stock 4Runners do the trail for sure.
Yes, get out there (with what you currently have) and with a good spotter or group that likes to NOT hurt their rigs.

I have been on trails rides and went through some seemingly insane paths and come back without even a scratch because the group I was with had patience, experience and took care of me as the noobie in the group. Then I have been part of other groups where I should have known better and just bowed-out, because the group either did not care or did not have the experience to help me as a noobie.

So find someone that trail rides with their daily driver and is good a spotting.

With a good spotter, patience, and sometimes a little rock stacking, a stock rig go do some very cool trails.
Still to this day I will look at some trails and think "no way", but with the right spotter, it is usually not a problem.

tbjers

Rank III

Influencer II

Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
Torgny
Last Name
Bjers
Member #

Yes, get out there (with what you currently have) and with a good spotter or group that likes to NOT hurt their rigs.

I have been on trails rides and went through some seemingly insane paths and come back without even a scratch because the group I was with had patience, experience and took care of me as the noobie in the group. Then I have been part of other groups where I should have known better and just bowed-out, because the group either did not care or did not have the experience to help me as a noobie.

So find someone that trail rides with their daily driver and is good a spotting.

With a good spotter, patience, and sometimes a little rock stacking, a stock rig go do some very cool trails.
Still to this day I will look at some trails and think "no way", but with the right spotter, it is usually not a problem.
These are some excellent suggestions.

bucksandbrews

Rank III

Advocate I

St. Louis, Missouri, United States
First Name
Trent
Last Name
Lunsford
Member #

Hey guys, new member here from Wake Forest. I've been checking out the site for a while and just decided to join. I've done a good bit of exploring around NC but always finding some cool new routes to take. I'm from WF but have lived in Boone and Wilmington in the past. Hopefully I can hit one of these meet ups at some point.

Attachments

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

If you are going to come along for the Hurricane Creek trip and plan to camp, make sure you head over to the rally point section and go to the southeast region and RSVP. Want to make sure e have enough room for everyone who plans to attend. I know for myself, the 25th can't get here fast enough.

Icculus

Rank I

Member I

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Scarboro
Member #

So for all NC and especially WNC members. No dates set yet (most likely sometime in Oct) I'm looking to plan an Overland Bound meeting at Highland Brewery in Asheville. I've ordered some swag to attract give out to get people interested in joining but also just figured it would be a good hangout as I try to meet local members. I still want to clear with Highland and do a little more planning but stand by for something showing up in Rally Point.

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
So for all NC and especially WNC members. No dates set yet (most likely sometime in Oct) I'm looking to plan an Overland Bound meeting at Highland Brewery in Asheville. I've ordered some swag to attract give out to get people interested in joining but also just figured it would be a good hangout as I try to meet local members. I still want to clear with Highland and do a little more planning but stand by for something showing up in Rally Point.
So will we have to drink beer? Asking for a friend...

Reactions: JButtress