Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Hey guys, new member here from Wake Forest. I've been checking out the site for a while and just decided to join. I've done a good bit of exploring around NC but always finding some cool new routes to take. I'm from WF but have lived in Boone and Wilmington in the past. Hopefully I can hit one of these meet ups at some point.
Right up the road from you man. I'm close to hillridge farms in youngsville so I'm always heading over to wake forest for stuff. We'll do another get together soon but if your ever down for a quick beer just lemme know!

Member I

North Carolina
First Name
Nino
Last Name
Rodriguez
Member #

Hey guys, new member here from Wake Forest. I've been checking out the site for a while and just decided to join. I've done a good bit of exploring around NC but always finding some cool new routes to take. I'm from WF but have lived in Boone and Wilmington in the past. Hopefully I can hit one of these meet ups at some point.
Another full size rig!!! Welcome

KM4DWS

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Arden, NC
First Name
Kaleb
Last Name
Marske
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM4DWS
So for all NC and especially WNC members. No dates set yet (most likely sometime in Oct) I'm looking to plan an Overland Bound meeting at Highland Brewery in Asheville. I've ordered some swag to attract give out to get people interested in joining but also just figured it would be a good hangout as I try to meet local members. I still want to clear with Highland and do a little more planning but stand by for something showing up in Rally Point.
Highland Brewery... Like the original craft brew in this area... Great stuff. I am in!

Reactions: AppStateOX

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

So for all NC and especially WNC members. No dates set yet (most likely sometime in Oct) I'm looking to plan an Overland Bound meeting at Highland Brewery in Asheville. I've ordered some swag to attract give out to get people interested in joining but also just figured it would be a good hangout as I try to meet local members. I still want to clear with Highland and do a little more planning but stand by for something showing up in Rally Point.
Would definitely love to attend

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

Right up the road from you man. I'm close to hillridge farms in youngsville so I'm always heading over to wake forest for stuff. We'll do another get together soon but if your ever down for a quick beer just lemme know!
I'm always down to get a beer. May go somewhere this evening since Im off work tomorrow
If anyone wants to join

Reactions: Maverick9110E

nc_forester

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Charlotte, NC, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Meyers
Member #

Im in Charlotte. So far I've nearly everywhere in Pisgah National Forest, Gorges State Park, Pinnacle Mountain, TN, Maggie Valley / Cherokee, Brown Mountain OHV, Charlies Creek in GA, etc. My next trip is to URE for The Adventure Summit on Oct 2-4

Icculus

Rank I

Member I

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Scarboro
Member #

Im in Charlotte. So far I've nearly everywhere in Pisgah National Forest, Gorges State Park, Pinnacle Mountain, TN, Maggie Valley / Cherokee, Brown Mountain OHV, Charlies Creek in GA, etc. My next trip is to URE for The Adventure Summit on Oct 2-4

That my friend is one rad Forrester. Do people still say rad? lol

robh

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Portsmouth, NH, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Hall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1BVL
Hi all, I'm in Hillsborough but always up for a road trip, or even a local meetup to talk about trucks. Here's my overly dramatic rig pic. I love the zr2 but nothing is as much fun to drive as the disco. And they're not nearly as shiny as the picture makes them look. IMG_0613.jpeg

AppStateOX

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Asheville, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Setzer
Any update on this? Highland is 20 minutes away from my homestead and would love to stop by and/or offer assistance if needed (and my job allows)

Icculus

Rank I

Member I

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Scarboro
Member #

Any update on this? Highland is 20 minutes away from my homestead and would love to stop by and/or offer assistance if needed (and my job allows)

Sorry brother. Life has been hectic and super busy. Still hope to make this happen sometime soon

Reactions: AppStateOX

AppStateOX

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Asheville, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Setzer

Sorry brother. Life has been hectic and super busy. Still hope to make this happen sometime soon
No worries. Keep us updated.

RemarkableOverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Durham, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Iwashita
Member #

Hey all, I’m a little late to the party, but my wife and I have been building up our rig since the start of quarantine, but not new to overlanding. Been exploring through VA, WV, and NC and most recently returned from Boone and Blue Ridge.

Met Curt (@Maverick9110E) at MSO’s Adventure X Fest in Covington, and excited to connect with more folks in NC.

Attachments

OverlandOzzy1

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Durham, NC, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

If anyone knows somebody looking for a Bedrack. Mine is for sale for a killer price considering what they’re worth new. Let me know. Need it gone due to some personal things going on