Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Forsyth County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Thanks to everyone who came out last weekend! I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, met some cool people, and used their gear. I sadly couldn’t make it with a family member in the hospital, but things on that end are a lot better!

I heard URE was her dusty self as usual!

So now it’s time to decide what is next?!

Ideas?
Overnight stay somewhere along old N.C. 105? Not too challenging but could be fun just the same.

Reactions: Staticline40

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Overnight stay somewhere along old N.C. 105? Not too challenging but could be fun just the same.
I like it. If we could get some camp space on the lake that would be even better! If I could do some early AM or evening fishing in, that would make for a perfect weekend for me. I'm sure I can sweet talk someone near the lake to let me leave my boat on the trailer with them until I come back down the mountain.

Reactions: Graham1298

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

I amped at Lake James state park campgrounds. They are nice, it no direct access to lake from campground. 2 minute drive to lake access and ranger station is there also. I think they had group shelter there? But, don’t hold me to it.

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

I amped at Lake James state park campgrounds. They are nice, it no direct access to lake from campground. 2 minute drive to lake access and ranger station is there also. I think they had group shelter there? But, don’t hold me to it.
We stayed at Paddy’s Creek camp ground at Lake James. You can google Lake James state park. They also have a beach area, if into that.

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

If you contact the park offices directly and tell them who we are, throw in the "Overland Bound: Core Principles," and what we are looking to do - they would probably be happy to help us get a good spot set up.

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Generally I try to do something once a month.

We could do a low key hangout or wrench fest this month and then next month plan something bigger like an overnighter?

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

So that I can plan the next event I need to know what everyone is generally thinking.

Should we do a local meet up this month and then next month do another larger trip?

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
So that I can plan the next event I need to know what everyone is generally thinking.

Should we do a local meet up this month and then next month do another larger trip?
That sounds like a good plan. Camping might be out of the question next month, at least for me, because it'll be stiflingly hot at night but a day trip on some trails would be great.

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

I'd be good with just a meet up or an actual trip. I dont like to get too crazy with the roads as I have a Chevy Silverado, but I just bought an old trailer and CVT RTT so definitely looking forward to testing it out