NC Piedmont/CLT Meet-Up Planning

• HTML tutorial

Overland Wanderlust

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

RURAL HALL, NC
Member #

I think a local meetup every other month is a good idea. Gives those that don’t want or can’t afford an overnight to still mingle with everyone.
Right now things are right for us so I can get the basics on my XK semi-trailworthy so a meet up every month or other month would keep me going and not feel like it’s all in vain.

THorner

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Sharpsburg, NC, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Horner
Member #

So that I can plan the next event I need to know what everyone is generally thinking.

Should we do a local meet up this month and then next month do another larger trip?
John,
Tom here from eastern NC. Charlotte isn't exactly in my back yard but we are overlanders aren't we. I would enjoy a meet-up just to get a chance to meet the other members here in NC. Just home from Overland Expo West and I'm ready to go somewhere again, please let me know the location and date.

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
I have my torsion lift done, new aux lights, oil leak fixed, and this upcoming week I'm going to have my rattling cat converters (which were going out before the last trip and met their end). So if we decide to do a trip I should be ready to go, if not then I'd be willing to do a casual meetup and get to know some of you guys better.

Reactions: Graham1298

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
130 Matthews Station St
Matthews, NC 28105
United States

Maybe the 22nd or 29th? Depending on people going on vacation and not being available. An evening meetup may be a nice change of pace.

Thoughts?
Sounds great. And either of those dates works for me.

Reactions: JButtress

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

John,
Tom here from eastern NC. Charlotte isn't exactly in my back yard but we are overlanders aren't we. I would enjoy a meet-up just to get a chance to meet the other members here in NC. Just home from Overland Expo West and I'm ready to go somewhere again, please let me know the location and date.
Yeah I hear yah. This is a Charlotte based group so that’s how most of our trips are planned that way.

Reactions: JButtress

THorner

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Sharpsburg, NC, USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Horner
Member #

Yeah I hear yah. This is a Charlotte based group so that’s how most of our trips are planned that way.
Understood. I don't mind a little drive to meet up. The 29th works for me, I have an all day event on the 22nd. Look forward to meeting other like minded folks.

Reactions: Graham1298

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Kind of random, but does anyone have a good idea somewhere easy to get to this coming weekend? Just got my trailer and RTT and want to do a shake down this weekend, but with a full size truck with no real mods yet, don't want anything to crazy...

Reactions: redneckinarav4

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Old nc 105 I just went there this past weekend it was tough for me with a 4cyl and natural aspiration motor and the steep grades. It would be easy for a full size probably.
I've gone up there before, I think i missed a turn somewhere though cause I popped out in Blowing Rock, and never really saw any camping opportunities lol

JButtress

Rank VI

Traveler II

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buttress
Member #

Old nc 105 I just went there this past weekend it was tough for me with a 4cyl and natural aspiration motor and the steep grades. It would be easy for a full size probably.
When you went up the Old 105, where did you pop out? I was just looking at a map, and it seems i would pop out near Linville Falls. Does that sound right? If so, were there camping opportunities along that?

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

When you went up the Old 105, where did you pop out? I was just looking at a map, and it seems i would pop out near Linville Falls. Does that sound right? If so, were there camping opportunities along that?
Wiseman’s View is at the top of Linville Gorge. At least a dozen good sites in that area.