NC Piedmont/CLT Meet-Up Planning

• HTML tutorial

Jeep_Nick

Rank 0

Traveler I

I’m interested in meet ups, talking shop, and going on adventures.

Best meet up time for me is Sunday late morning to early afternoon.

I live in Southend of CLT so really anything inside the 485 loop works
Inside that loop works me too. Just went to broken Nut the other day in Jefferson SC definitely a good place to do a trip or something but definitely not now because we spent 3+ hours just on recovery

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

What about a monthly meet-up at Uwharrie National Forest on a weekend? It is in the middle of the state (NC) but not too far from the SC border. There is also opportunity for some exploration. Uwharrie has a ton of stuff to do so after we all meet-up everyone can check out Uwharrie and the surrounding areas at their leisure. I think it will help make the trip worth it for those driving in from way out of town.

The el dorado outpost there has a large designated gravel parking lot meant for meet-ups. Uwharrie also has plenty of trails and dirt roads drivers all skill sets to get their tires dirty if you want.

When the weather gets warmer we can also potentially do cookouts/camp-outs by the lake. :sunglasses:

Thoughts?

MaximusPrime

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Charlotte, NC, USA
Member #

What about a monthly meet-up at Uwharrie National Forest on a weekend? It is in the middle of the state (NC) but not too far from the SC border. There is also opportunity for some exploration. Uwharrie has a ton of stuff to do so after we all meet-up everyone can check out Uwharrie and the surrounding areas at their leisure. I think it will help make the trip worth it for those driving in from way out of town.

The el dorado outpost there has a large designated gravel parking lot meant for meet-ups. Uwharrie also has plenty of trails and dirt roads drivers all skill sets to get their tires dirty if you want.

When the weather gets warmer we can also potentially do cookouts/camp-outs by the lake. :sunglasses:

Thoughts?
I used to have an old Isuzu Trooper, and the Isuzu forum would have an annual meet up weekend at Uwharrie. It was nice. There's plenty to do, and the camp site facilities are great.

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Hello, from Lake Wylie, SC. I am up for monthly meet up’s. I prefer Saturday or Sunday as meet up days.

I think once we can get a feel for the group and what there rigs are capable of, that will determine what we as a group can do?

Easy day trip could be Old NC105
In my personal experience,
Depending on where we go and the amount of people, in terms of rig capability, the best thing to do is to split up and have someone experienced lead the stock rigs/experienced drivers. +20 rigs on a trail can be a pain to navigate especially when 1 guys is on 40's with $20,000 in upgrades and another is stock. Splitting up allows veterans to get their fix and the inexperienced people the chance to take their time and actually develop skills rather than potentially getting in a risky situation because they are pushing themselves too far.

NC 105 is a great idea! That will go on the weekend trip list for sure! thanks

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Yeah it'll be at least an hour for
Inside that loop works me too. Just went to broken Nut the other day in Jefferson SC definitely a good place to do a trip or something but definitely not now because we spent 3+ hours just on recovery
It will be added to a list of potential trips

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

I used to have an old Isuzu Trooper, and the Isuzu forum would have an annual meet up weekend at Uwharrie. It was nice. There's plenty to do, and the camp site facilities are great.
I had a 99 trooper. I loved that thing

Reactions: MaximusPrime

Nchome

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

North Carolina
Member #

I would also like to make a small chapter for surrounding areas I see more and more coming out of my area. Not stepping on toes but I feel very alone out here I’m the only Jeep owner who overlands or wheels for at least 20 min drive. But if we did this convoy up make the trip would be great and eastern no has a lot of meet ups we can roll out from. Just an idea.

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

I would also like to make a small chapter for surrounding areas I see more and more coming out of my area. Not stepping on toes but I feel very alone out here I’m the only Jeep owner who overlands or wheels for at least 20 min drive. But if we did this convoy up make the trip would be great and eastern no has a lot of meet ups we can roll out from. Just an idea.
I am more familiar with WNC so I would love to head out east and explore more out there. I think we should definitely make a point to do trips all throughout the state and region.

I know that a group of guys were talking about trying to do some type of monthly meet-up in ENC on the forum somewhere.

RPDjeep

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Clayton, NC
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Foran
Member #

What are your thoughts on meet-ups?
I am for meet-ups but I think they location and type of activity should rotate.

Are you interested? Yes

What time of day?
I would say probably weekends for the masses but I work a rotating schedule and every other weekend.

Frequency. Once a month, every 2 months, etc.
I think something should happen on a monthly basis whether it’s a simple meetup or a trail ride.

Are you open to a large group weekend trip?
Yes

Are you open to a more traditional overland trip in a smaller group like a week?
Yes

I live in Clayton and work in Raleigh.

Shawn

Eric Lane

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler II

Charlotte, NC, USA
Member #

Hello, from Lake Wylie, SC. I am up for monthly meet up’s. I prefer Saturday or Sunday as meet up days.

I think once we can get a feel for the group and what there rigs are capable of, that will determine what we as a group can do?

Easy day trip could be Old NC105
Yes a trip around the gorge is easy and scenic

Contributor I

I’m excited to see something like this happen in my area. I hydrolocked my motor last year and wasn’t able to make it to overland expo east. I’m new and ready to explore, hangout and learn. I’ll drive anywhere in sc/nc for a meeting. Weekends preferred.

Reactions: NC-Trooper

Dyrtybyrd

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Randleman, NC
Member #

What are your thoughts on meet-ups? Be fun to get to know other members.

Are you interested? Yes

What time of day? Friday evenings or any time Saturday and Sunday.

Frequency? Monthly

Are you open to a large group weekend trip? Yes

Are you open to a more traditional overland trip in a smaller group like a week long? Absolutely