NC Piedmont/CLT Meet-Up Planning

• HTML tutorial

CatPowerDude

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Concord, NC
Member #

Hello from Concord, NC. I would be interested in a monthly meet up. My work schedule is kinda stupid, I work Monday thru Friday but also work a lot of weekend and my hours are supposed to be 7:30 to 4 but many jobs require starting early or finished late. Also on call 24/7. So best I can do say I would like to attend it just really depends on what’s going on at work. Uwharrie is pretty close to me, as well as Matthews. I would be interested in trail rides, again hard to plan with with my schedule. Breweries are always good as well. Hope to meet some people soon.

Reactions: NC-Trooper

BigBlueOx_TRD

Rank VII
Investor

World Traveler III

East Bend
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K04ACI
I'm definitely interested in this, as well as the others OB friends I travel/camp with.
Weekends seem to be unanimously the choice here as most of us are blue collar 8-5 guys.
A long trip would need to be made pretty far in advance to have funds and time off as well, but I'm not against it.
Not really into the brewery scene. Would be more interested in a nice ride on forest road or trail ride and camping.

Reactions: Qmed Joe and Nchome

Qmed Joe

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fleetwood, NC, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
QMED
Member #

Hey y’all, I’m a merchant Mariner and at sea for at least a month at a time(currently headed down to Brazil) I’m scheduled to be back last week of Feb/first week in March. When I’m off ship I’m wide open. I’d love to do a day or weekend trip. If y’all are planning a get together please shoot me a message! [emoji1360][emoji5]

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Seems to be a trail ride is in order!

Does anybody have any suggestions? I would like to make a day of it. Lunch and maybe an overnight campout weather permitting.

GunDude

Rank V

Influencer II

My neighbor and I camped at lake James camp ground (Paddy camp ground), near Morganton,NC. The next day drove Old NC105.
I am also interested in checking out Lake Norman camp ground, but don’t think there is Much around to ride, except the 30 miles of mountain bike trails, which I like doing.
The Uwharrie trails closed to April, and I believe Brown Mountain OHV is closed? I read somewhere they closed Richland rd.
Hope this helps narrow it down.

Last edited:

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I am still employed and work a crazy schedule which causes me to not be able to make a lot of meets and stuff
but
What are your thoughts on meet-ups? great idea
Are you interested? very interested
What time of day? I am open
Frequency. Once a month
Are you open to a large group weekend trip? yes and camping
Are you open to a more traditional overland trip in a smaller group like a week long? yes.

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

My neighbor and I camped at lake James camp ground (Paddy camp ground), near Morganton,NC. The next day drove Old NC105.
I am also interested in checking out Lake Norman camp ground, but don’t think there is Much around to ride, except the 30 miles of mountain bike trails, which I like doing.
The Uwharrie trails closed to April, and I believe Brown Mountain OHV is closed? I read somewhere they closed Richland rd.
Hope this helps narrow it down.
Brown mountain is closed till march I believe. Beech Mountain rd there has some great camping spots though year round. If we really want to go on an adventure we could go into VA. My buddy Jason from MSO gave me a couple places to check out. :sunglasses:

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

I think a trip down 105 and a overnight camp is a great idea. There is actually a great spot down a side road that I have personally used that would be great for a group.

It will be cold but I am willing to do it if anyone else is this month.

I will set up a one time meet in greet in the Charlotte area that is obviously open to out of towners. It will also serve as a trip planning meeting. I will post the link to the rally point in this thread once it is ready.

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

35°48'48.67"N 81°58'52.48"W is the campsite I was referring to ^

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

I am looking at the weekend of the 16th but it may be raining so I am not sure camping will be a great deal of fun.

Reactions: redneckinarav4