First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gallant
Ham/GMRS Callsign
VE7REJ
Service Branch
RCAC (Reserve) 75-00
I finally got a decent photo of a grizzly about 15 - 20 meters from my Disco wandered past our campsite of 14 rovers, decent sized if a bit thin.

Another club member felt he had to point out there was a bear, as I was not seeming to take adequate notice. I saw him just fine ,I just wanted a photo. Hard to get a good shot of grizzly they tend to bolt. This guy was totally unconcerned.

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I don't care how ugly it is. Any insect that can capture, kill, and eat yellow jackets is beautiful in my eyes.

IMAG1763.jpg

Last edited:

Kozysnack

Rank VII
Investor

Expedition Master I

Austin, Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Ely
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRNX949 is my GMRS, haven't taken my test yet but working on the HAM
Service Branch
USAF BRAT
Is that the tent camp at Wonder Lake? Nice that the mountain wasn't hiding behind clouds for you! We waited 4 days for it to come out in 2006. Really like the shot of the airplane on, what, a glacier? Nice!
yes we had the best luck, from the day we landed to the day we left it was clear skies. Wonder lake was awesome and the only way to take your own car on the park road. That is the extraction point for climbers on Denali and part of the supply chain camps. The bad thing about clear skies is the sun beating on the snow and fissures opening up on the landing strip. talkeetna air was awesome and took us all around the summits and then dropped in for a landing. I know this is taking overlanding a bit to the extreme, but if you get the chance y'all please go. We are on a quest to hit all the NPs and as many State Parks as we can on the way. Sometimes overlanding in rentals like the ring road in Iceland, EPIC

Reactions: Mustang03 and Shahn