Nature Photos

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

CO.Ranger

Rank III
Adventure

Contributor III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

excellent photo @TOUGE! I am intrigued that you 'lose' focus at the middle of the picture but the front and back are in focus.

TOUGE

Rank V

Member III

Studio City, Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Ash
Member #

excellent photo @TOUGE! I am intrigued that you 'lose' focus at the middle of the picture but the front and back are in focus.
I think the lens(Sony 16-35mm GM) may have taken a hit somewhere, it does some funky things sometimes, a few photos had some weird focus issues. I shoot maunal for for 99% of landscape shots and use the focus magnifier to get critical focus. It's out of warranty and I don't know how much Sony would charge to service it. Would love to get the new 14mm GM and 24mm GM primes to replace it but that's a lot on money.

CO.Ranger

Rank III
Adventure

Contributor III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

I shoot Canon and I really want a RF 24-70 F2.8, but holy $$$. I take photos for me, so I have no revenue stream from it... Makes it much harder to justify.

Reactions: freak4life

freak4life

US Southwest Member Rep, Arizona
Supporter

Member II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I would suspect too long of an exposure, it would explain the focus because the water would be moving and the rest of the scene is static. But that is just a guess.

freak4life

US Southwest Member Rep, Arizona
Supporter

Member II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I shoot Canon and I really want a RF 24-70 F2.8, but holy $$$. I take photos for me, so I have no revenue stream from it... Makes it much harder to justify.
You can always rent a lens to try it out.
Canon makes great glass, maybe check out Tamron and Sigma, they’re improving their products all the time.

CO.Ranger

Rank III
Adventure

Contributor III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

You can always rent a lens to try it out.
Canon makes great glass, maybe check out Tamron and Sigma, they’re improving their products all the time.
I have the Sigma EF 100-400. It's a great lens, but I'd like to get native and they (Tamron or Sigma) don't make RF glass yet. The Tamron 24-70 is 1/2 the price though... The Canon EF to RF adapter has been sold out almost a year though and my off brand adapter isn't great.

Reactions: freak4life