Rank V

Advocate III

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Summerville
Member #

Some photos from our recent trip to CA. First time I've ever been to Yosemite. It did not disappoint.
I’m heading to Yosemite next week. Any suggestions for a good day hike?
We didn't do much hiking due to physical limitations in our group, but I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. I had never been there before, so there was a ton for me to see. Get there early and make sure you have a reservation.

Reactions: TRT87

TRT87

Rank VI
Launch Member

Builder I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Tennies
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
Thanks for the response. We got our reservations this week. It will be my first time in the park since I was a kid.

-Tyler

Reactions: roots66

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

excellent photo @TOUGE! I am intrigued that you 'lose' focus at the middle of the picture but the front and back are in focus.

TOUGE

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gold Coast QLD, Australia
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Ash
Member #

excellent photo @TOUGE! I am intrigued that you 'lose' focus at the middle of the picture but the front and back are in focus.
I think the lens(Sony 16-35mm GM) may have taken a hit somewhere, it does some funky things sometimes, a few photos had some weird focus issues. I shoot maunal for for 99% of landscape shots and use the focus magnifier to get critical focus. It's out of warranty and I don't know how much Sony would charge to service it. Would love to get the new 14mm GM and 24mm GM primes to replace it but that's a lot on money.

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

I shoot Canon and I really want a RF 24-70 F2.8, but holy $$$. I take photos for me, so I have no revenue stream from it... Makes it much harder to justify.

Reactions: freak4life

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I shoot Canon and I really want a RF 24-70 F2.8, but holy $$$. I take photos for me, so I have no revenue stream from it... Makes it much harder to justify.
You can always rent a lens to try it out.
Canon makes great glass, maybe check out Tamron and Sigma, they’re improving their products all the time.

5280Ranger

Rank V

Traveler III

Colorado
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Brandon
Member #

You can always rent a lens to try it out.
Canon makes great glass, maybe check out Tamron and Sigma, they’re improving their products all the time.
I have the Sigma EF 100-400. It's a great lens, but I'd like to get native and they (Tamron or Sigma) don't make RF glass yet. The Tamron 24-70 is 1/2 the price though... The Canon EF to RF adapter has been sold out almost a year though and my off brand adapter isn't great.

Reactions: freak4life