Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

Same here. Spur of the moment, cross country trip. I had many destinations I wanted to see, but I only allotted for a few hours at each site. No time to really explore the parks. Yellowstone, and that area of Wyoming was beautiful, and I too, hope I can make it back someday, to really take it all in.
I am hopeful.
2021 will be the trip to Tuk (already a Rally Event with OB). Was supposed to head up there this year, but Covid changed all that. Keeping fingers and toes crossed that we will be able to venture out -- far and wide -- in 2021. Not sure about your area, or the US, but we had inter-provincial borders closed as well. And, when they opened, those traveling across certain inter-provincial borders -- especially in the North, would need to quarantine for 14 days. e.g., if I head to the Yukon right now, I could. The borders are open, but I would have to quarantine for 14 days in one of the towns in the Yukon. I would have to arrange for food to be delivered, etc. I would not be allowed out of the room, etc. And, health officials would visit to ensure I am respecting the quarantine requirements, or you get a hefty fine.

Not really appealing when one is on vacation, so we stayed local and went camping not far from home.

Last edited:

TxJeeper75

Rank VI

Steward I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Heiman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5LHN
Same here. Spur of the moment, cross country trip. I had many destinations I wanted to see, but I only allotted for a few hours at each site. No time to really explore the parks. Yellowstone, and that area of Wyoming was beautiful, and I too, hope I can make it back someday, to really take it all in.
I am hopeful.
2021 will be the trip to Tuk (already a Rally Event with OB). Was supposed to head up there this year, but Covid changed all that. Keeping fingers and toes crossed that we will be able to venture out -- far and wide -- in 2021. Not sure about your area, or the US, but we had inter-provincial borders closed as well. And, when they opened, those traveling across certain inter-provincial borders -- especially in the North, would need to quarantine for 14 days. e.g., if I head to the Yukon right now, I could. The borders are open, but I would have to quarantine for 14 days in one of the towns in the Yukon. I would have to arrange for food to be delivered, etc. I would not be aloud out of the room, etc. And, health officials would visit to ensure I am respecting the quarantine requirements, or you get a hefty fine.

Not really appealing when one is on vacation, so we stayed local and went camping not far from home.
Similar things happened down here. It has varied from state to state. I didn't have any issues on my travels, but my parents told me they had to cancel their annual trip to the Northeast US, to see the fall colors, because they would have to quarantine 14 days also.

Nomad164

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

Just back from a trip to the South-west Region of Western Australia and managed to get a photograph of this little fella - it is a Bandicoot (a Sothern Brown Bandicoot to be exact - Southern brown bandicoot - Wikipedia)

He came around our campsite looking for food scraps and stay with us for a while :grinning:

Karl

2020-10-29 Wildlife Images - 005-Edit.jpg

2020-10-29 Wildlife Images - 006-Edit.jpg

2020-10-29 Wildlife Images - 009.jpg

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Just back from a trip to the South-west Region of Western Australia and managed to get a photograph of this little fella - it is a Bandicoot (a Sothern Brown Bandicoot to be exact - Southern brown bandicoot - Wikipedia)

He came around our campsite looking for food scraps and stay with us for a while :grinning:

Karl
Did you name him Crash?
1604365323876.png

Attachments

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Cahaba River Park, just south of Birmingham, AL. The gate was closed to vehicle travel, but the air was fresh and the walk was nice!
If you hadn't said, I would have guessed that was Alabama. Red clay track surrounded by dense pine is classic Alabama and I do miss it sometimes.