Launch Member

Member III

Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

My home state of Western Australia is famous for our wildflowers which come out in late winter through to the start of summer (August - November) and depending on where you are in the state depends on what species are out.

We get many visitors from around the world travelling here to see them and they are a sight to see.

We are heading out next weekend to see them in the Karara Rangelands but here are a few just a 30 minute drive from my house - I hope you like them.

Karl

Cowsip Orchid
2020-09-11 Wildflower - 002-Edit.jpg

Donkey Orchids
2020-09-11 Wildflower - 004-Edit.jpg

2020-09-11 Wildflower - 005-Edit.jpg

White Flower (sorry don't know it's name)
2020-09-11 Wildflower - 008-Edit.jpg

Purple Flower
2020-09-11 Wildflower - 011-Edit.jpg

Unknown
2020-09-11 Wildflower - 020-Edit.jpg

Unknown
2020-09-11 Wildflower - 021-Edit.jpg

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
My home state of Western Australia is famous for our wildflowers which come out in late winter through to the start of summer (August - November) and depending on where you are in the state depends on what species are out.

We get many visitors from around the world travelling here to see them and they are a sight to see.

We are heading out next weekend to see them in the Karara Rangelands but here are a few just a 30 minute drive from my house - I hope you like them.

Karl

Cowsip Orchid
View attachment 170641

Donkey Orchids
View attachment 170642

View attachment 170643

White Flower (sorry don't know it's name)
View attachment 170644

Purple Flower
View attachment 170645

Unknown
View attachment 170646
Unknown
View attachment 170647
Hello Karl
Great pics
I am curious what camera set-up you were using, I shoot Nikon and love macro’s.
Rich

Steward I

Nisku, Alberta, Canada
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Westfall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
RamRunner78
Here’s some pics around our home and province of Alberta. Mostly at our acreage and our favourite trekking spot in the park boundary outside the entrance to Banff/jasper national parks. With one collage from Vernon bc while visiting family, ran across some mountain goats on the way back from getting some beverages.

Attachments

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Had myself an adventure in Eastern Idaho, found 3 cabins that had collapsed on themselves, and we found a couple mines. It was just beautiful. You could actually see the tetons.

Attachments

Paula - Canadian Explorer

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

Reactions: Gustavo Amaral

Sproesser

Rank I

Contributor III

Corvallis, Or
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Hynes
This is from the White Rim trail, in Canyonlands NP. It's a 100 mile world class trail. It follows a layer of sediment in the canyon called the white rim. Giant rectangular boulders, each one held up on a rock tower, line up in rows all the way around the trail. There are Thousands of them! It's among the prettiest places I have ever been. You reserve campsites along the way. One or two nights for four wheelers, 2 or 3 for mountain bikes, or one epic day on a motorcycle! Potash.jpg

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

This is from the White Rim trail, in Canyonlands NP. It's a 100 mile world class trail. It follows a layer of sediment in the canyon called the white rim. Giant rectangular boulders, each one held up on a rock tower, line up in rows all the way around the trail. There are Thousands of them! It's among the prettiest places I have ever been. You reserve campsites along the way. One or two nights for four wheelers, 2 or 3 for mountain bikes, or one epic day on a motorcycle! View attachment 173741
Wow! Amazing place. Gorgeous, just gorgeous! I’m in awe! Thanks for sharing!

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

This is from the White Rim trail, in Canyonlands NP. It's a 100 mile world class trail. It follows a layer of sediment in the canyon called the white rim. Giant rectangular boulders, each one held up on a rock tower, line up in rows all the way around the trail. There are Thousands of them! It's among the prettiest places I have ever been. You reserve campsites along the way. One or two nights for four wheelers, 2 or 3 for mountain bikes, or one epic day on a motorcycle! View attachment 173741
Hope to see it as an event one day. Had plans to head to the US in 2021. This is now postponed for 2022 (2021 plans is to drive to Tuktoyaktuk). Really in awe with this place!

Sproesser

Rank I

Contributor III

Corvallis, Or
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Hynes
Hope to see it as an event one day. Had plans to head to the US in 2021. This is now postponed for 2022 (2021 plans is to drive to Tuktoyaktuk). Really in awe with this place!
If you want to do this trail, make sure you reserve your campsite months in advance, online! If you can't get one, check out Lockhart Basin trail, around 60 miles, one night. Its close by and great as well. There was one spot that put my Fj Cruiser on 32's with a 3' lift and skid plates to it's absolute limit!(Lockhart basin). White rim trial is easier.

Rank VI

Influencer I

Okotoks, AB, Canada
First Name
Paula
Last Name
Ponte
Member #

If you want to do this trail, make sure you reserve your campsite months in advance, online! If you can't get one, check out Lockhart Basin trail, around 60 miles, one night. Its close by and great as well. There was one spot that put my Fj Cruiser on 32's with a 3' lift and skid plates to it's absolute limit!(Lockhart basin). White rim trial is easier.
Cool! Thanks for the details - much appreciated. I’ll do a bit of research for future.