Launch Member

Member III

Woodburn, Oregon, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Brame
Member #

oldmopars, you must live in a fantastic place. But I just read some fine print at the bottom of your post...R1100RT...how friggin' cool is that? Sweet bike!

Reactions: kkriewald

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

oldmopars, you must live in a fantastic place. But I just read some fine print at the bottom of your post...R1100RT...how friggin' cool is that? Sweet bike!
I do live in a cool place. I am right at the base of the Cascade mountains not too far from Mt. Rainier, but on the East side. My Property is 15 acres and the back edge is BLM land.
I am into Bikes also. The RT is a great bike. I go for at least a week every year with a buddy and we travel all over with our bikes. I wish I could get out a lot more, but with work and all the other things we do, I don't get to ride as much as I like. But, I enjoy what I can.
Thanks

Alex Brame

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Woodburn, Oregon, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Brame
Member #

I do live in a cool place. I am right at the base of the Cascade mountains not too far from Mt. Rainier, but on the East side. My Property is 15 acres and the back edge is BLM land.
I am into Bikes also. The RT is a great bike. I go for at least a week every year with a buddy and we travel all over with our bikes. I wish I could get out a lot more, but with work and all the other things we do, I don't get to ride as much as I like. But, I enjoy what I can.
Thanks
As long as I'm dreaming, please tell me...what color is your RT?

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

As long as I'm dreaming, please tell me...what color is your RT?
Burgundy. I think they call it Wineberry? I had a 2000 K1200LT in the same color. That was also a fun bike.

I see you are from Stayton Or. I graduated High School from Stayton back in 1988. I lived in Aumsville and my Grandmother lived in Sublimity. I have been back a few times and boy has it changed.

Alex Brame

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Woodburn, Oregon, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Brame
Member #

Graduated from Stayton H.S.! Wow. I didn't grow up here, just followed a job down to Aumsville...that's where I'm sitting right now. Blazer Industries moved here from Silverton in 1992 or 3.
I'm guesstimating you're 49 now since I graduated from HS in '75 (Grant HS in Portland).
Oh, tried to get into biking some years ago, but failed. Became a big fan of beamers.

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Graduated from Stayton H.S.! Wow. I didn't grow up here, just followed a job down to Aumsville...that's where I'm sitting right now. Blazer Industries moved here from Silverton in 1992 or 3.
I'm guesstimating you're 49 now since I graduated from HS in '75 (Grant HS in Portland).
Oh, tried to get into biking some years ago, but failed. Became a big fan of beamers.
Yep, 49. I used to live in the big yellow house on Mill Creak Rd with the big red barn. Across from the open field about 1/2 from the car dealer (was Stayton Ford). My father used to work at John Lucas Chevrolet, it is now a college across Hwy 22 near the golf course.

I can't afford new BMW's, but fell in love with the K1200LT several years ago. I foolishly sold it and had 2 Honda's, the last being a Goldwing. I hated the GW and sold it to get the RT. I know they are expensive, but I do all the work myself, so it helps keep the cost down.

Alex Brame

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Woodburn, Oregon, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Brame
Member #

Yep, 49. I used to live in the big yellow house on Mill Creak Rd with the big red barn. Across from the open field about 1/2 from the car dealer (was Stayton Ford). My father used to work at John Lucas Chevrolet, it is now a college across Hwy 22 near the golf course.

I can't afford new BMW's, but fell in love with the K1200LT several years ago. I foolishly sold it and had 2 Honda's, the last being a Goldwing. I hated the GW and sold it to get the RT. I know they are expensive, but I do all the work myself, so it helps keep the cost down.
Sweet. Don't ask me why, but at 62 I caught the jeep craze...must be a GD virus! Anyway, my Gobi rack arrived the day I joined OB, and I just purchased a RTT Wednesday
Happy riding :grinning:

1573252210735.jpeg

Alex Brame

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Woodburn, Oregon, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Brame
Member #

One of my favorite things about Aumsville are the 10,00 Canada geese taking off and honking away like the old theme music from Oregon Field Guide. This is the best time of year for the geese.

Reactions: 9Mike2

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
Lake Powell, Utah
Your photos have a very professional look to them. Are they because of a particular LENS FILTER you use?, or shutter speed?, Prefered Camera. And by the way,.............great panoramic backgrounds :laughing:

WeGoPlacez

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ogden, UT, USA
First Name
Jessica
Last Name
Shaw
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HBA
Your photos have a very professional look to them. Are they because of a particular LENS FILTER you use?, or shutter speed?, Prefered Camera. And by the way,.............great panoramic backgrounds :laughing:
Thanks Most if these photos are taken with my IPhone, and I use an app on my phone to edit the photos. We have a Canon 80 D and better editing software like Adobe Lightroom. I’m still new to photography, someday I will learn how to really edit photos.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Just a few of over 1,000 images I made documenting the Chihuahuan Desert Bloom, Spring 2019:

pricklypearblossom_9144-1028.jpeg
Prickly Pear, one of three different types that grow in the Chihuahuan Desert

desertbloom_2164-1028.jpeg
Huisache, or Sweet Acacia (Vachellia farnesiana), sometimes called the Mimosa Tree

leatherwood_2462-1028.jpeg
Leatherstem (Jatropha dioica).
This one grew right under the edge of my awning. It blossomed early, I believe, because it was where I occasionally dumped clean rinse water.

leatherstem_2466-1028.jpg
It's the coolest little blossom, each bud barely an eighth of an inch wide opening to a blossom of just around 1/4"

desertbloom_2783-1028.jpeg
Spanish Dagger (Yucca aloifolia) - this huge ear-of-corn looking bud opens into a hugh array of white petals. Edible, quite tasty.

Last edited: