Nashville, Tennessee

• HTML tutorial

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

Never been there either, but I've heard good things. I would love to check it out. I'm in Nashville so I can make it to lbl on pretty short notice for at least a full Saturday of at wheeling. I've only been up there once, it was really rainy and a lot of fun.

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

The primitive campsite rules mention limit of 2 vehicles per site and no pop ups, BUT I just talked with someone at Windrock and it looks like off-road vehicles don't count since they being used on the trail. RTT's are accepted as well. so long as the tent has fabric/canvas walls. There is the issue of only 6 ppl per camp site. So our caravan will be limited unless we get multiple camp sites.

Reactions: kappels and Tyler.W

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

The primitive campsite rules mention limit of 2 vehicles per site and no pop ups, BUT I just talked with someone at Windrock and it looks like off-road vehicles don't count since they being used on the trail. RTT's are accepted as well. so long as the tent has fabric/canvas walls. There is the issue of only 6 ppl per camp site. So our caravan will be limited unless we get multiple camp sites.
I am definitely planning to attend this. I have been looking forward to heading to Windrock for some time. How much are sites? It would probably be easier for everyone to book their own unless a group specifically wants to book a site together. I can just imagine a lot of people RSVPing but then half backing out at the last minute.

Last edited:

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

I am definitely planning to attend this. I have been looking forward to heading to Windrock for some time. How much are sites? It would probably be easier for everyone to book their own unless a group specifically wants to book a site together. I can just imagine a lot of people RSVPing but then half backing out at the last minute.
Most of the pricing and camping info is on their site: http://www.windrockpark.com/plan-your-adventure/campground/tent-primitive/

I dont know how far apart the campsites are. I have never been so this is all new to me too.

kappels

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Chattanooga, TN
Member #

I took a look at the Windrock site and it looks pretty neat. I’ve never been out there myself.

As we move closer to the planning stages, I’ll be happy to call up the park and ask how far apart the sites are, etc. Maybe we can put together an event for Southeast OBers and gauge interest? We can always push the dates out further too so more people can make it/have notice?

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

I’ve been wanting to get to Windrock for a while now! Unfortunately I’ll be out of the state for work
Dangit @TNTaco , you're all work and no play! Haha, but we'll get you on the trails one of these days. :tongueout:

I took a look at the Windrock site and it looks pretty neat. I’ve never been out there myself.

As we move closer to the planning stages, I’ll be happy to call up the park and ask how far apart the sites are, etc. Maybe we can put together an event for Southeast OBers and gauge interest? We can always push the dates out further too so more people can make it/have notice?
There is a big event the weekend before (titan offroad shamrock shakedown) and Windrock puts on a lot of events. Some of the mid-level trails should be pretty nice and rutted out. I'm fine with more people, but I don't have a whole lot of wiggle room on the dates. I also don't mind small groups (less people to get stuck) :dizzy:

kappels

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Chattanooga, TN
Member #

Dangit @TNTaco , you're all work and no play! Haha, but we'll get you on the trails one of these days. :tongueout:

There is a big event the weekend before (titan offroad shamrock shakedown) and Windrock puts on a lot of events. Some of the mid-level trails should be pretty nice and rutted out. I'm fine with more people, but I don't have a whole lot of wiggle room on the dates. I also don't mind small groups (less people to get stuck) :dizzy:
Small groups suit me!

Reactions: Dave_brez

TheDonutAllStar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I'm in for this too. Marking my calendar for 3/22-3/24

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

I'm most likely in for Friday-Saturday. I'll know for sure by early to mid February and reserve a site. Probably drive the amigo, got to change rear pinion seal first.

AreWeThereYet

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Hendersonville, TN
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
K
Last edited:

Green Boot Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member