Nashville, Tennessee

• HTML tutorial

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

I am going to setup a meeting for Monday the 12th at Tailgate at 7:30. They have beer, liquor, and half off some really good pizza. It's family friendly and has outdoor seating if it's nice out.
I'm always down for a meet up, especially when there's pizza and/or drinks involved.

If anyone's interested, @TNJeeper and I will be headed to the dirt devil tomorrow (Saturday) to explore some new parts. PM me for deets.

Reactions: Cully74

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

I would love to meet up but unfortunately had to work today to get caught up. Next time...

Merlin2111

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bellevue
Member #

Looks like you guys had fun in the mud! TNJeeper, if you could share the GPX points, I am trying to build up a map in Gaia.

Cully74

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Old Hickory, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Cullum
Member #

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

Is it possible to manually input routes on one of these apps? If so I can fill in all of it.
I printed and highlighted the whole thing on google maps because the $20 map from dual purpose TN is all hand drawn and no where near scale.

Merlin2111

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bellevue
Member #

I’ll check that out.
Before you get too far into that, there is a limit of the number of turns you can put into google maps. I sat down with the paper map and was adding in each turn and hit the limit after about 15 minutes. I guess you could save that route and then create another and just jump from one to the next but I wasn't happy with that solution.

I have Gaia so I am going to try and get all of the maps into that and add in other nearby routes. I will be happy to share it once it's done with anyone who has already purchased the paper map from the original creator.

I think I might even email it to the man who started it if it turns out well. He deserves the credit but man, we deserve a map that is to scale!

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

Before you get too far into that, there is a limit of the number of turns you can put into google maps. I sat down with the paper map and was adding in each turn and hit the limit after about 15 minutes. I guess you could save that route and then create another and just jump from one to the next but I wasn't happy with that solution.

I have Gaia so I am going to try and get all of the maps into that and add in other nearby routes. I will be happy to share it once it's done with anyone who has already purchased the paper map from the original creator.

I think I might even email it to the man who started it if it turns out well. He deserves the credit but man, we deserve a map that is to scale!
Word. Let me know if you find a good solution. I wouldn’t mind learning for future runs. It’s also more satisfying to read a map than follow the gps