Nashville, Tennessee

• HTML tutorial

eloist

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Pretty sure @eloist has done the whole route. Zach, ideas on total time with ~10 trucks?
I'd say carve out 5 hours and you should be good. As mentioned before, the route crosses large highways often so if you need to bail it's no big deal. If my 3 year old comes there's no way we make it for the whole thing, but there's plenty to experience even if you only go halfway.

I'd like to remind everyone that this is not some epic off road experience. It's mainly just flat, graded dirt roads in some beautiful parts of Middle Tennessee. Literally the only section where I think you need 4wd is the hill on Ben Fly Road.

It still will be fun to meet everyone and get some trucks together!

Last edited:
Reactions: bval and EisenYota

Merlin2111

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bellevue
Member #

Yeah, I have never even locked the center diff on this trail. We will probably have to give way for the local fedex truck that wants to pass us. lol

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Do you guys get out in the winter? When I get there all I really have to do is work and sit in a motel room. My rig is set up for 4 season camping and I am hoping to see some country, even during the winter. I am used to cold and snow. I grew up at 9000 ft elevation with -60 temps and 200+ inches of snow a year.

TNDeadHead

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Columbia, Tennessee
Member #

Do you guys get out in the winter? When I get there all I really have to do is work and sit in a motel room. My rig is set up for 4 season camping and I am hoping to see some country, even during the winter. I am used to cold and snow. I grew up at 9000 ft elevation with -60 temps and 200+ inches of snow a year.
Shoot Yeah! I'm down to go out any weather

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

Chris Adams

Rank 0

Traveler I

Ah guys! I want to do the DD trail so bad! I can't make the 3rd though! Please let me know the next time you guys do anything! I need to get my 4runner off of the pavement for once.

Reactions: old_man

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Ah guys! I want to do the DD trail so bad! I can't make the 3rd though! Please let me know the next time you guys do anything! I need to get my 4runner off of the pavement for once.
Can you guys enlighten me about the DD Trail?

Climber

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Columbia
Same here Chris and I'm itching to go out as well but we attend Church every Sunday so I can't make those days. I can usually sneak out for a Saturday if anyone is interested. I took my 4runner out to our deer lease a few weeks ago and almost got it stuck and that's the most action it has seen since I picked her up a few months ago.

Reactions: Chris Adams

EisenYota

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kingston Springs TN
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Eisenmenger
Member #

For those who cannot make the A.M. meet up, most of us will probably still be in the area and looking for lunch. We could meet up at some restaurant and grab a bite. At least that way we can still meet up and put faces to names.

old_man

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
If I get word tomorrow or Wednesday on the contract, I may be there. Wish me luck.

I'm pretty much packed and ready to go.

Reactions: TNDeadHead

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

I am going to try to make it for Sunday! I live close by and I have been meaning to give the "trail" a run but I haven't got around to it yet.

Merlin2111

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bellevue
Member #

I am going to try to make it for Sunday! I live close by and I have been meaning to give the "trail" a run but I haven't got around to it yet.
Thats awesome. I added you to the little list I started a page back in this thread but if you could make sure to add yourself to the Rally Point in the Rally Point section at the top of the forum.

Merlin2111

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bellevue
Member #

It looks like we should have clear weather and dry trails on Sunday. I am looking forward to meeting our local OB members.