Nashville meet up

• HTML tutorial

Teague

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairview, TN
Member #

If anyone is here, if you look at the front of the theater I'm in the side lot to the right. Can't miss the white van backed in by the trees.

Reactions: roamingram44

Tricklet03

Rank I

Traveler II

Going to be ready for some dirt here very soon. Just gotta get these running boards off.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Nice. Our GX is starting to have some transmission issues during hard breaking. I hate that I can't check the trans fluid. I'm sure it's never been changed and with 120000 on the clock it might be getting a new trans soon.

MagnoliaOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Owens Cross Roads, Madison County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Nice. Our GX is starting to have some transmission issues during hard breaking. I hate that I can't check the trans fluid. I'm sure it's never been changed and with 120000 on the clock it might be getting a new trans soon.

I had a "vibration" issue a month ago that was happening between 4th and 5th around the TC. It was more an annoyance than anything. I took it into Lexus Cool Springs and they called and said I needed a new transmission and they don't work on them there so they'd just put a new one it for $4,500. I did some research online and found other GX, LX, T4Rs with same issue and it was solved by flushing old trans fluid out and replacing with new.

I told them to flush it and he got all "well I can't guarantee so you should just replace it". I flushed and it's been fine (even better shifting) ever since.

I'm now a full believer that when they say transmissions have lifetime fluid they mean the "life of the warranty" not your life.

I'll be changing it every 60k now probably.

MagnoliaOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Owens Cross Roads, Madison County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

I had a "vibration" issue a month ago that was happening between 4th and 5th around the TC. It was more an annoyance than anything. I took it into Lexus Cool Springs and they called and said I needed a new transmission and they don't work on them there so they'd just put a new one it for $4,500. I did some research online and found other GX, LX, T4Rs with same issue and it was solved by flushing old trans fluid out and replacing with new.

I told them to flush it and he got all "well I can't guarantee so you should just replace it". I flushed and it's been fine (even better shifting) ever since.

I'm now a full believer that when they say transmissions have lifetime fluid they mean the "life of the warranty" not your life.

I'll be changing it every 60k now probably. I would have it changed before you do anything. It's not a power flush. They just use a machine that hooks up to trans cooler and runs all the old fluid out replacing with new.

128k on mine

Reactions: Tricklet03

Tricklet03

Rank I

Traveler II

Nice tires btw in your expirence how does all terrains handle it there. The transition back to mud is gonna be hard to get use to

Sent from my SM-G360P using OB Talk mobile app
I've justified A/Ts on my rig because 80% of my driving is on pavement or gravel. They don't give me the traction I want in wet muddy conditions but they are quiet and last way longer. There has only been one time where I was doing a long, very steep, muddy hill climb that the lack of traction got me into some trouble. 315 / 70 17 Firestone Destination A/Ts are what I'm running now. I like them for my purpose. They've got me up every trail I pointed them toward at Turkey Bay (LBL) off road park. Dry of course...

Tricklet03

Rank I

Traveler II

I'm definitely going to try a flush before I start looking at a new trans. I got a rear airbag delete spring and shock package waiting to go on in the near future. Just to give me a pice of mind when it gets loaded down in heavy articulation situations. I'd also like to use the stock on board air compressor to run into a small air tank for inflating tires. Don't know if it's been done before but I'd run it through a switch in the cabin. I'll probably have to see about increasing the max psi if possible.

Teague

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairview, TN
Member #

It was definitely interesting, I'd never been to anything like that. The amount of people there was crazy. I took two pictures, a Willy Overland, and an Oldsmobile that made me giggle. Apparently Broken Spoke overland was there, and I missed them. My van (the back anyways) did make it into the background of someone's picture, but no love beyond that.
20170304_090342.jpg
20170304_091323.jpg

Then on the way home I stopped at a surplus store to see if they had any jerry cans, and got to park between a Wrangler and a Discovery.
20170304_093544.jpg

Attachments