Nashville meet up

• HTML tutorial

JKChad

Rank 0

Contributor II

I'd love to see your trailer. Did you fab it completely custom, or start with a base trailer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using OB Talk mobile app
I'm restoring a custom made 4'x6.5' trailer my grandfather built some 30+ years ago. It's way overbuilt with 2"x4"x.250 C channel steel and uses .250" plate aluminum for the interior floor and interior walls.

I have a build thread over on expedition portal.
http://forum.expeditionportal.com/showthread.php?t=168702

It's been so awesome working on this trailer. I remember growing up with my grandfather using this trailer for all kinds of projects. I never thought my dad would ever part ways with it, since my grandfather passed away. Soon as he heard I was wanting to building a camping trailer, for the grandson, he offered it up. I'm generally pretty OCD on anything I do. So, dad is pretty excited to see the trailer get brought back up to it former glory, with a slightly revised twist. It'll have ever bolt/nut replaced, everything blasted and coated, all new suspension and axle with 6lug hubs. I'll be adding electric brakes with manual parking brake,. I've already done a complete new wiring harness but that will be replaced again when the trailer brakes get hooked up.

Sent from my XT1650 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Jose

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I added all of you, I'm pathfindervan on IG.

Cool I saw that. I got you back. Lol. Nice overland van you got going on. Are you going to be building a set up it the back for storage and sleeping quarters.?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Tricklet03

Rank I

Traveler II

JMY24 has trail that goes from southern TN to AL. It starts in Winchester TN and heads south. With a little coordination and planning we could do a two day trip on that route and meet some of the AL guys in the middle, have a few beers that night and then either head down the trail to AL or break off and head home depending on everyone's timeline. Second or third week in May?

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

JMY24 has trail that goes from southern TN to AL. It starts in Winchester TN and heads south. With a little coordination and planning we could do a two day trip on that route and meet some of the AL guys in the middle, have a few beers that night and then either head down the trail to AL or break off and head home depending on everyone's timeline. Second or third week in May?

Sounds like a good trip. I'll make sure to make the next ones.

JKChad

Rank 0

Contributor II

I just got a surprise phone call from the fabrication shop. My rack is finish! Here's a quick teaser photo of the rack in the high position. It will lower a little over 20 inches for driving and parking in the garage.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I just got a surprise phone call from the fabrication shop. My rack is finish! Here's a quick teaser photo of the rack in the high position. It will lower a little over 20 inches for driving and parking in the garage.

That's Nice!! Will you be closing up the side with sheet metal or wood?

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I have the interior sides removed currently for clean up. They are all .250" plate aluminum.

Nice!! Light weight that's al aye good. Will you be going with some bigger tires also?

JKChad

Rank 0

Contributor II

@JKChad that is gonna be an awesome trailer. Meeting to with the northern AL guys would be awesome. Let's see if we can do that.
I have my first official camping trip planned for the first week of April, 7th-9th. I'm running a 5k trail run in Chattanooga, running with Sasquatch. I'm planning to camp at one of the camp grounds on lake chickamauga, preferably Chester frost; although I'm learning it may not be so easy to get a camp site. From then on, I'll be fairly open to meet up.

Reactions: Tricklet03 and Jose

MagnoliaOverland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Owens Cross Roads, Madison County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

I just ran across a link for Nashville Cars and Coffee, Saturdays from 800-1030 at 633 Frazier Drive, Franklin (Cool Springs movie theater). Anyone interested? I can hear the mall rated jokes already, but at least we'd be able to put some faces to names.
I'm not against causing a scene when the "overlanders" show up.

Reactions: Benjisaurus