My Tacoma in progress.(traded in)

• HTML tutorial

Auspicious Osprey

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Anaheim, California
Member #

Lookin' great Justin! I'll be watching your progress. Question. . . Did you need any cutting to fenders or cab mounts with the 285's? I want to move to that tire size and I have Camburg UCA's as well.
Thanks,
Auspicious Osprey

andlours

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Denver, Colorado
Member #

Lookin' great Justin! I'll be watching your progress. Question. . . Did you need any cutting to fenders or cab mounts with the 285's? I want to move to that tire size and I have Camburg UCA's as well.
Thanks,
Auspicious Osprey
I have 285s on my Tacoma with TC UCAs. I had to do a cab mount chop and some slight trimming to get rid of all the rubbing. It should be fine on the street without any cutting but off-road it will be pretty annoying. My tires are 285 75 r16s.

Auspicious Osprey

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Anaheim, California
Member #

I'm a little uneasy with pulling out the grinder on the cab mount. I may stick with 275/70/17's but I've already smacked my diff on a trail. Any issues with hacking the cab mount?

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

I'm a little uneasy with pulling out the grinder on the cab mount. I may stick with 275/70/17's but I've already smacked my diff on a trail. Any issues with hacking the cab mount?
I still need to do the CMC( cab mount chop). Anyone that says you don't need to doesn't off-road. I've do a couple on friends trucks. It's really not that bad it's just a little awkward to get at. I've heard tale of guys hitting the mount even with 275's when fully stuffed. I've cut a fair amount at the back of the fender and mud flap. I'm determined to keep those damn things on.

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

And then. IMG_0398.JPGFits pretty good considering it's about 80% educated guesswork. It's slightly off center but I will fix that when I take it back off later. I need the get the grill and hood fixed then I will finish all the bumper parts (fill plates, full hoops).

Reactions: 18JLU

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

I'm also considering a little white trash flair. IMG_0416.JPGSpider web gussets. Doesn't really go with anything, not sure I will use them.

Reactions: 18JLU

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

IMG_0433.JPG Got this little Unifilter to hopefully cure my secondary air injection pump from self destructing. There is a mod thread about this if anyone is interested I will post it later.

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

IMG_0431.JPG Bed stiffeners are here. This is also a preemptive strike on some weakness in the Tacoma platform.

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

One more delivery today.IMG_0434.JPG
Lower control arm skids.
Tomorrow my winch and hilift should show up. New paint matched hood is supposed to ship from Texas on Friday.

ChepoCDT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Mexico City
First Name
Chepo
Last Name
CDT
Member #

hahaha now your thread looks like a store's post... We want to see everything installed!!!

Justin Forrest

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Shoreline, Wa
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Forrest
Member #

IMG_0453.JPG I needed a hair more room underneath truck yesterday so broke out the new hilift. I'm sure glad I got the 60".

Last edited: