Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

What you see on the top of my XJ is the exhaust system! My fresh air system goes through the firewall and into the cabin. I just ordered an ARB deluxe Bull bar front bumper. Next is some bolt on sliders for rocker and side protection. Also, some Rigid/ Trucklite headlights! The list never seems to end! I will say that I have been on borrowed time not running with sliders! Damage done to the sides and The unibody construction of the XJ can stop you fast. Making the XJ an unsafe vehicle to drive. Vance.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Yeah I have a set of mid stiffners (hooligan) that are the next step after I am done re-vamping my front suspension, (drop brackets lower control arms, upper adjustible control arms. Heavy duty track-bar and adding an inch-1/2 spacer). I have welded a set on my friends Xj. But plan on dropping the t-case, and muffler when I do mine. i have the stock to do the rocker planel mod (boat-sides) after get the stiffners in. I have such a long list of mods going down before this seasons wheeling. It would be too much to list. But I wonder instead of taking it through the firewall, I could cut into the hood and come out with a small snorkel leading down to the spectra filter. As they have said the filter in this cold air intake is insufficient,

Cool rig you have there. Have fun out there!

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Yeah I have a set of mid stiffners (hooligan) that are the next step after I am done re-vamping my front suspension, (drop brackets lower control arms, upper adjustible control arms. Heavy duty track-bar and adding an inch-1/2 spacer). I have welded a set on my friends Xj. But plan on dropping the t-case, and muffler when I do mine. i have the stock to do the rocker planel mod (boat-sides) after get the stiffners in. I have such a long list of mods going down before this seasons wheeling. It would be too much to list. But I wonder instead of taking it through the firewall, I could cut into the hood and come out with a small snorkel leading down to the spectra filter. As they have said the filter in this cold air intake is insufficient,

Cool rig you have there. Have fun out there!
Sounds like you have a cool Jeep too! Vance.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Bought some rock sliders and frame brackets from JCR, today! The rock sliders are the Classic powder coated sliders. The brackets, really help your bumper stay on your Jeep XJ with a hard pull! Having the uni- body construction on the XJ you need the extra strength. This bracket also helps with the steering box and give more strength too. Vance.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Bought some rock sliders and frame brackets from JCR, today! The rock sliders are the Classic powder coated sliders. The brackets, really help your bumper stay on your Jeep XJ with a hard pull! Having the uni- body construction on the XJ you need the extra strength. This bracket also helps with the steering box and give more strength too. Vance.
I got everything, ARB bumper in front, JCR, unibody bumper and steering box brackets, JCR classic rock sliders. Have someone helping put the new upgrades on also. So, my 95’ Jeep Cherokee, “Red Baron”, is coming together! Vance.
92DCDA77-B136-4A6B-8B5A-7CAF12568EEB.jpeg894E03D0-A6F0-4F44-9EF3-589A4C09C0AB.jpeg

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

For my records, here are the the new pieces for my Cherokee. ARB deluxe Bull Bar front bumper. JCR classic rock sliders. Going to be fun putting this together by myself! But getting there little by little! Vance.

Attachments

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Don’t know if I wrote this or not before? I did buy a spare 617 Mercedes Benz, diesel non- turbo motor that was completely rebuilt! Have lots of spare parts that came from the donor cars, 85’ wagon, 83’ sedan! Vance.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

One mod I want to get done still is my, electric control station, in the Cherokee. Mounting a piece of plywood to the back seat rest, then mounting all the Blue Sea, electrical components, to the underside of the seat! Want to be able to flip up the back seat to have easy access to everything electrical, on board. Will see if that does not work when loaded, that could be a problem? Vance.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Got the Cherokee running and took a small back road drive. Did not make it far when I blew a fuel line to my injector. Back one of course! Had tocall and have my brother give me a tow home. Washed down everything under the hood with diesel! Not sure know if I should pull the hood insulation off, as it is still soaked with diesel fuel. Don’t know the a car wash will work enough getting all the diesel cleaned off of everything! Glad it was diesel and not gas! Vance.

Reactions: Prerunner1982

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

May 3rd. I have an appointment to get the rock sliders on. Still need to get the front bumper modified, before I can install that. Vance.

Reactions: Motohead1

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Jeep Cherokee is running again! Going to go into town to car wash today and try to clean up the the engine compartment. I live in a windy dusty place. Hope this works! If not will pull the insulation off the hood! Vance.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Did not make it far and still have a bad fuel line leak! Had to get a ride home and then they drove the Cherokee while I towed the Jeep home with my pickup. Oh well! Vance.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Have some more updates to show you. The GordiGear Explorer Plus, and my traction mats are not bolted down yet. What do you think? Next, will be the ARB front bumper and JC Rock sliders. Also, ARB, breather kit x4, for the breathers on axles, trans, t-case. Vance.

Attachments

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Have some more updates to show you. The GordiGear Explorer Plus, and my traction mats are not bolted down yet. What do you think? Next, will be the ARB front bumper and JC Rock sliders. Also, ARB, breather kit x4, for the breathers on axles, trans, t-case. Vance.
If you want to avoid spending the $$ on the ARB breather kit, as I'm sure you'll run into issues other Jeep owners have with it while running Dana style axles, give this thread a look as I built my own breather kit for less than the ARB.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

If you want to avoid spending the $$ on the ARB breather kit, as I'm sure you'll run into issues other Jeep owners have with it while running Dana style axles, give this thread a look as I built my own breather kit for less than the ARB.
adventure_is_necessary,
Thank you, and you are right about the ARB kit. I wanted a Trail Tamer kit, but at the time could not get one. I am using a different breather filter, not the ARB, and have not had any problems. Vance.