My '94 F150 XL Build & Adventures

• HTML tutorial

Anon

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Been away for quite some time but with working overtime comes great reward. Have finally found the time to sit down and make some improvements to the 94. Now added to the list of completions are

1) Shiny new WARN locking hubs
2) Home made limb risers
3) New flowmaster cat back 2.5” dual exhaust. [emoji1591]
4) Ditched the stock chrome wheels for black steel with the proper backspacing so I can ditch my 1.5” wheel spacers.
5) Other general rebuilds and seals.

Hopefully soon I’ll be able to post some pics. Soon to come will be a set of shorty headers and gonna be removing one of my catalytic converters and replacing it with piping to add to the increased flow of things.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

Dansmach

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

St Cloud, Florida
Member #

Love the truck. I had a 95 extended cab before this new truck and put over 300K miles on it. I’d still have it if I hadn’t developed a rust hole in the firewall in a very hard place to repair. The amount of money I would have had to put into it to fix the damage was just too high. I opted for a new truck. I miss that old girl but I’m very happy with my new 2015 F150. I gave up a long bed for a short bed but gained so much in modern luxuries.

Reactions: Anon

Anon

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Always a shame having to put an old truck to rest. Had to finally do that with my old ‘78 F250.

Anon

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Had a great weekend out n about and found a the end of a power line trail. With freshly rebuilt breaks both front and rear the ol turd did great [emoji1591]

IMG_0543.JPGIMG_0545.JPGIMG_0551.JPGIMG_0555.JPGIMG_0559.JPGIMG_0562.JPGIMG_0564.JPG

Anon

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Back at it again. Got my old running boards put back on after a DIY bed armor paint job. Turned out great if you ask me. Also, in the process of doing a custom snorkel build for the ol turd and will be posting all parts needed w/part numbers along with a sort of how to. Stay tuned. IMG_0908.JPGIMG_0909.JPGIMG_0945.JPGIMG_0946.JPGIMG_0993.JPGIMG_0991.JPGIMG_0992.JPGIMG_0990.JPG

Anon

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Well, 1/2 the install is complete w/some temporary piping. Had to cut the K&N tube as it was to long to fit the air box with all the couplings & MAF adaptor. Waiting till my next check and I’ll be sending her off to the fab shop for all aluminum piping. Everything seems to be working fine. Just have to figure out how I’ll be mounting my Air Charge Temp Sensor. Will probably be drilling a hole in the in line air box and using a rubber grommet then applying a little silicon for a nice snug air tight install. IMG_1005.JPGIMG_1006.JPGIMG_1007.JPGIMG_1008.JPGIMG_1010.JPG

Anon

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Well, a LOT has changed since I’ve been gone. Buttoned up the snorkel and I have done a full engine swap and a new transmission. Engine is a 351w that puts out about 360-380whp married to a performance built transmission from monster transmission. Not much else to really say. A lot has happened haha hard to update something when you’ve been gone for so long, but long story short, my last engine started knocking (oh so I thought) very hard omw back from picking up a new one ton rear axle to start my 1 ton swap on the obs. Got the engine all pulled out and found out it wasn’t knocking. I only through a egr plug on my shorty headers so it was just a very bad exhaust leak right at the head. Haha well, I was committed at this point and the rest is history. IMG_0379.JPG

Reactions: GRIMGPR

GRIMGPR

Rank 0

Contributor I

Murrells Inlet, SC, USA
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Richardson
So, in turn of taking a break from the truck for a bit to save up some funds, decided to break out the 4 wheeler and go for a trip. Ended up riding back into Knik Glacier, AK with a buddy of mine. Overall, we rode for just over 50miles round trip. We ate lunch at the glacier after blazing a trail to get there and crossing a few frozen rivers in 4° weather. We also had a special surprise this trip and we're blessed to see well over 10-15 different moose, lots of mommas with babies, and even got to see a couple moose go at it and kick each other. Needless to say, it was a beautiful trip. I only wish I had my GoPro for this trip. Any of you end up in AK, this is one trip you've gotta make.

Note: it's a lot gnarlier in the summer due to the mud, but easier in the winter. Just a bit colder so you gotta choose your poison and plan wisely.

Here are some pics from the trip. [emoji1303]

Wow just beautiful!!! I know this is an older post but WOW. Love the build so far.

GRIMGPR

Rank 0

Contributor I

Murrells Inlet, SC, USA
First Name
Grant
Last Name
Richardson
Well, a LOT has changed since I’ve been gone. Buttoned up the snorkel and I have done a full engine swap and a new transmission. Engine is a 351w that puts out about 360-380whp married to a performance built transmission from monster transmission. Not much else to really say. A lot has happened haha hard to update something when you’ve been gone for so long, but long story short, my last engine started knocking (oh so I thought) very hard omw back from picking up a new one ton rear axle to start my 1 ton swap on the obs. Got the engine all pulled out and found out it wasn’t knocking. I only through a egr plug on my shorty headers so it was just a very bad exhaust leak right at the head. Haha well, I was committed at this point and the rest is history. View attachment 110342
Now That's a serious mill !!! Looking forward to the installation. Great build !!!