Chittenango, NY
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2NFZ
Thanks. I'm a fan of the BAFX as well. I probably own about 4 of them by now (go bag, tool box, wired-in, etc.). I give them as stocking stuffers as well! The custom dash options on Torque are decent, and can allow some customization for alarms and min/max values. But I don't find it all that nice looking, even when trying out some of the themes. I'll give that software you mentioned a look.

Reactions: Vantams

offroadinclined

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Moncks Corner, SC, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Neacosia
Member #

Service Branch
Navy Veteran
I bought this bad boy back in February 2017, bone stock. The only thing that had been added to the Jeep was a Lulu Lemon and a University of Utah sticker... which are essentially the same sticker!

My brother also owns a 2000 XJ that he has lifted and modified for overlanding and offroading. Luckily, I was able to get a few secondhand parts from him, such as sway bar quick disconnects and 3.5" lift coil springs.

So, here it is from the start.

I added a decent Rola Roof Rack with the 18" extension, using Surco Gutter Mounts and some 8020 extrusion, attached two one-gallon Rotopax, Hi-Lift, shovel, axe and spare up there.

View attachment 21700 View attachment 21701

Next, as far as lighting, I added a 32" curved light bar mounted using the tubular mounts in the front of the rack, and two LED floods in the rear of the rack...

View attachment 21702 View attachment 21703

All my electrical components are run through a single Power Panel I built. It is now located on the inside of the firewall, up behind the brake pedal. All switches are mounted to a switch panel I designed and 3D printed to utilize that nice flat spot under the E-brake.

View attachment 21704

View attachment 21705

The USB charge port is a good addition for charging my phone and table for nav's on trips.

More electronics in the hatch, also wired to the switch panel; my air compressor. I found this little guy on Amazon with about 800 reviews and a very good rating. I was impressed with it during our Moab trip. I aired up from 18 psi to about 32 psi with about 5 minutes per tire (31x10.5x15). I ran the chuck to the fuel cap to keep it out of the dirt and dust as much as possible. I love the location so far.

View attachment 21706

View attachment 21707

Up on the rack, I have a Rocket Box courtesy of Smith and Edwards here in Farr West, Utah! It's a military surplus container with a watertight seal, mounted by u-bolts to the bars of the rack. In there I keep all my tools and some lubricants and cleaners. You can also see my DIY rotopax mounts using some Home Depot threaded knobs.

View attachment 21708

View attachment 21709

I've added Limb Risers using turnbuckles, cable crimps, .25" coated cable and some durable heat-shrink to clean things up.

View attachment 21714

Comms consist of a CB system, using a DIY antenna bracket, mounted to a spring. The actual CB is a handheld unit that clips to a 3D printed part, attached to dash panel behind the wiper lever.

View attachment 21710

View attachment 21711

I'm in the process of painting all of my plastic trim using Rustoleum Bed Liner, so far the fenders are done, soon to be all.

View attachment 21712

The latest mod is of course the OB Emblem, #4688! I'm stoked to be a part of this awesome community of 'landers!

View attachment 21713
Your electronic work is pristine!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Bergi85

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orem, UT
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Bergesen
Member #

Nice rig! Are you planning on changing out the bumpers?

Vantams

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Plain City, Utah
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Tams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7UFV
Nice rig! Are you planning on changing out the bumpers?
I'm thinking about doing a hidden winch mount and some recovery points up front... maybe a low profile bumper in the rear...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bergi85

Vantams

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Plain City, Utah
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Tams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7UFV
The rig got a tad more mature looking yesterday with 9" round LED's replacing the light bar... I'm liking the look of it for sure!

I also de-stickered the back window... lost abou 285 horsepower unfortunately!

Last edited:

coffeeshark

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Bay Area, CA, USA
First Name
dawn
Last Name
mcclure
Yep, not a fan of the stickers either. At least, not the ones they send with the parts, hoping for free advertising.

I'm jealous of your 3D printing skills. Your electrical work is really clean, too.

Vantams

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Plain City, Utah
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Tams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7UFV
Thanks boss! Stay tuned if you like the electrical work haha got some sweet modifications coming in the not too distant future!
Yep, not a fan of the stickers either. At least, not the ones they send with the parts, hoping for free advertising.

I'm jealous of your 3D printing skills. Your electrical work is really clean, too.

Vantams

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Plain City, Utah
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Tams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7UFV
My brothers and I headed up to the beautiful North Slope of the Uintah Range here in Utah. The rig did awesome, mechanically and cosmetically! Next few projects on it will be cold air intake via snorkel and then a dual battery setup once I can get rid of the stock air box.

Last edited:

Vantams

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Plain City, Utah
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Tams
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7UFV
I will put together a more in-depth post about the preparation that went into this year's trip, but for now... here's some pics of the annual trek down to Moab. We opted to beat the EJS rush this year and do our own thing for a change, and I dare say it was for the better!

We did Tip Toe Through Hell (Hell's Revenge) and a good chunk of 3D, it was a blast as usual!

20190406_141430.jpeg20190406_152206.jpegIMG_20190408_133306_256.jpegIMG_20190405_215330_869.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cougar1968