Multiple Vehicles, Changing Vehicles, what do you do with member numbers?

• HTML tutorial

GeraldVanDance

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

We recently upgraded our rig and I bought a second badge (same number) for our new vehicle. So our friend who bought our Westy still has the badge, and we do too. Now my wife just bought a Syncro Tin Tom Vanagan that we're starting to build up.... should it have it's own badge and number, or have a band with "our" member number ??? Thoughts?

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
We recently upgraded our rig and I bought a second badge (same number) for our new vehicle. So our friend who bought our Westy still has the badge, and we do too. Now my wife just bought a Syncro Tin Tom Vanagan that we're starting to build up.... should it have it's own badge and number, or have a band with "our" member number ??? Thoughts?
I totally agree the badge follows the member. Then it kinda doesn't really make sense to have a membership plus that number links you to OB, we really don't know what anyone is going to do once they leave with their purchase. Something happens that number could be something that ties you to lets say a crime or something that you may have had no involvement in. But that's just my opinion.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
if its a friend, then just ask for the badge back and stick it on your recently acquired vehicle...wouldn't that solve any concerns?

SinisterJK

Rank VI
Launch Member

Educator I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRFC851
if its a friend, then just ask for the badge back and stick it on your recently acquired vehicle...wouldn't that solve any concerns?
yeah I wouldn't worry about a friend I meant it like if I sell a car to a stranger type deal. if its to a friend he's probably going to go on the same adventures with me anyways right?

Reactions: grubworm

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
So, if you have two vehicles, do you have the same number on each? ..........
your member number is YOUR number, so it goes with you where ever you go, like your driver's license number, it doesn't change with each vehicle you drive.

Reactions: Hernandez59

Jean Klaude The Jeep

Rank VI
Investor

Traveler III

Lexington, Henderson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

So, I'm having a hard time deciding where to put my badge (badges? we don't need no stinking badges! Sorry, had to say that).
But first, how does an OB badge come off and does that mess up the paint? (2008 jku)
It was a warm day in the summer, but mine came off my Excursion when I sold it with no problems.

Enthusiast I

İstanbul, Turkey
First Name
konstantine
Last Name
jaquavis
it goes with you where ever you go, like your driver's license number, it doesn't change with each vehicle you drive.

Speed Test

Last edited:

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
You can remove badges and reapply them (new sticky tape, sold here I think). You can also buy duplicate badges here.....

Jim