Multiple Vehicles, Changing Vehicles, what do you do with member numbers?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

GeraldVanDance

Rank I

Contributor I

We recently upgraded our rig and I bought a second badge (same number) for our new vehicle. So our friend who bought our Westy still has the badge, and we do too. Now my wife just bought a Syncro Tin Tom Vanagan that we're starting to build up.... should it have it's own badge and number, or have a band with "our" member number ??? Thoughts?

Reactions: Laurensvh

SinisterJK

Rank V

Advocate I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

We recently upgraded our rig and I bought a second badge (same number) for our new vehicle. So our friend who bought our Westy still has the badge, and we do too. Now my wife just bought a Syncro Tin Tom Vanagan that we're starting to build up.... should it have it's own badge and number, or have a band with "our" member number ??? Thoughts?
I totally agree the badge follows the member. Then it kinda doesn't really make sense to have a membership plus that number links you to OB, we really don't know what anyone is going to do once they leave with their purchase. Something happens that number could be something that ties you to lets say a crime or something that you may have had no involvement in. But that's just my opinion.

grubworm

Rank V

Pathfinder I

Thibodaux, LA, USA
First Name
mike
Last Name
c
Member #

if its a friend, then just ask for the badge back and stick it on your recently acquired vehicle...wouldn't that solve any concerns?

SinisterJK

Rank V

Advocate I

Orlando, FL, USA
First Name
Bryant
Last Name
S
Member #

if its a friend, then just ask for the badge back and stick it on your recently acquired vehicle...wouldn't that solve any concerns?
yeah I wouldn't worry about a friend I meant it like if I sell a car to a stranger type deal. if its to a friend he's probably going to go on the same adventures with me anyways right?

Reactions: grubworm

Alex Brame

Rank III

Pathfinder I

Stayton, OR, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Brame
Member #

So, I'm having a hard time deciding where to put my badge (badges? we don't need no stinking badges! Sorry, had to say that).
But first, how does an OB badge come off and does that mess up the paint? (2008 jku)

Reactions: AdventureAwaitsTN

AdventureAwaitsTN

Rank VI
Benefactor

Influencer II

Lexington, TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Shelby
Member #

So, I'm having a hard time deciding where to put my badge (badges? we don't need no stinking badges! Sorry, had to say that).
But first, how does an OB badge come off and does that mess up the paint? (2008 jku)
It was a warm day in the summer, but mine came off my Excursion when I sold it with no problems.