Irvine California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
What's your through axle mount setup? Trying to decide on something for my F150 and dont really want a tailgate pad.
It work good in my truck because the rear wheel fit right against the tailgate so it doesn’t move around at all.

flyingnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Boise, ID
Member #

It work good in my truck because the rear wheel fit right against the tailgate so it doesn’t move around at all.
It looks good, just curious how you have it mounted to the bed of your truck. Looks like there's a rail there? Hard to tell from the photo. I have a 5.5 foot bed so this would be the only way for my tailgate to close as well.

French

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Irvine California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Frechette
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
It looks good, just curious how you have it mounted to the bed of your truck. Looks like there's a rail there? Hard to tell from the photo. I have a 5.5 foot bed so this would be the only way for my tailgate to close as well.
Yeah the Tacoma have a bed rail system and I made a mount to connect it but you could bolt it directly to the bed rail or floor.

Reactions: flyingnome

kingofthehill29

Rank II

Advocate II

This is a cool thread. I just started mountain biking back in June. After I decided that I wanted to stick with it I upgraded my Diamondback Overdrive hardtail to a Trek Fuel EX7. I love the bike and I try to ride every weekend. I was riding everyday but now I cant due to it being dark when I get off from work. It is great exercise and I have lost 50lbs since starting to mountain bike.

Trek at Sister Grove.jpg

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
This is a cool thread. I just started mountain biking back in June. After I decided that I wanted to stick with it I upgraded my Diamondback Overdrive hardtail to a Trek Fuel EX7. I love the bike and I try to ride every weekend. I was riding everyday but now I cant due to it being dark when I get off from work. It is great exercise and I have lost 50lbs since starting to mountain bike.
Congrats! Nice work on losing the weight too. With the LED night riding lights on the market now you can ride 24 hours a day if you wanted to. Get a good one and you can ride after work every evening.

Reactions: sabjku and PapaDave

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

I use lights on my trek at night but haven’t had the nerve to hit a trail at night, just my luck some mountain lion will have pretty tasty snack or id break my neck. I stick to the road of I’m out at night. It’s fun, I haven’t had mine out in a while with work, school and going to the gym in the morning it takes up most of my time.

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

I have a 2018 Trek X-Caliber 7 29er collecting dust in the garage. I got it thinking it would be great exercise, as I am trying to live a healthier lifestyle (have lost 130lbs since October 2016), but I seriously misjudged my laziness.

Threads like this help encourage me to drag it out and ride, though.

Reactions: sabjku

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Neat thread! The first thing I learned when I got my "mountain bike" was to stay away from mountains! I'm quite happy with trails, little hills, small valleys, etc. The only time I bike is when I camp and it's always a big part of it. Mine is nothing fancy but it's comfortable and easy to ride and maintain. I paid about $350 for it and my main criteria was that it not clash with my wardrobe. lol.

15-06-27N 5.JPG

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
I have a 2018 Trek X-Caliber 7 29er collecting dust in the garage. I got it thinking it would be great exercise, as I am trying to live a healthier lifestyle (have lost 130lbs since October 2016), but I seriously misjudged my laziness.

Threads like this help encourage me to drag it out and ride, though.
That's an incredible amount of weight loss. Nice work! I'd love to hear more about how you accomplished that.
Cheers!

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
Cool thread for sure. Here is my bike: a Specialized Chisel 29er...
74731426-8CA7-4C34-B45F-010F34EDEDF5.jpeg
People normally look at me weird since I don’t have a full suspension but I’ve always just preferred hardtails. We are lucky north of Atlanta to have several great singletrack spots.

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

That's an incredible amount of weight loss. Nice work! I'd love to hear more about how you accomplished that.
Cheers!
Pretty much just doing Keto. Trying to eat fewer than 20g of carbohydrates per day, with macros of 65% fat, 30% protein, and 5% carbohydrates. In the last year or so I've transitioned into what's colloquially called "Lazy Keto", or a more traditional Low Carb diet. eg. not tracking macros or counting carbs, just knowing what you're eating and trying to stay under ~100g of carbohydrates per day, in conjunction with 16:8 Intermittent Fasting, or eating all my calories within an 8 hour window. Essentially, I do not eat anything between 8:00pm and 12:00pm. Seems to be working alright. Things have definitely slowed as I have less overall weight to lose. Might need to start working out.

Matt Hixson

Rank V

Member I

Big Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FZJ
Pretty much just doing Keto. Trying to eat fewer than 20g of carbohydrates per day, with macros of 65% fat, 30% protein, and 5% carbohydrates. In the last year or so I've transitioned into what's colloquially called "Lazy Keto", or a more traditional Low Carb diet. eg. not tracking macros or counting carbs, just knowing what you're eating and trying to stay under ~100g of carbohydrates per day, in conjunction with 16:8 Intermittent Fasting, or eating all my calories within an 8 hour window. Essentially, I do not eat anything between 8:00pm and 12:00pm. Seems to be working alright. Things have definitely slowed as I have less overall weight to lose. Might need to start working out.
I see you're already enlightened to the ways of keto, low carb, and IF. Give the 180 Formula from Dr. Phil Maffetone a read, dust off that bike, and get out there and explore!

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

I see you're already enlightened to the ways of keto, low carb, and IF. Give the 180 Formula from Dr. Phil Maffetone a read, dust off that bike, and get out there and explore!
That's really interesting - haven't heard of that before but it seems logical to me. I wear an Apple Watch, so I effectively wear a heart rate monitor all the time. I'll try to start paying more attention to this. Thanks.