Mountain bike? Stickers? Which topic?

• HTML tutorial

Pazuzu1991

Rank IV

Advocate II

1998 GT STS 1000...Bad Ass!!!!
View attachment 2184
OMG, That is such an awesome bike, I remember wanting the Gary Fisher RS-1, back in 1990 but my parents would not chip in, so I ended up working all winter in my dads bakeries and saved enough to buy an original Cannondale Beast from the East.

I had the beast until 97 when I enlisted in the Military! I was in Korea when Dirt Mag (if memory serves me right) published an article on the newest most baddest of the baddest Down hill bikes ever made, a bike designed on this new thing called CAD computer, it was that GT LOL.

I don't own the O'l Cannonade anymore, the oldest Bike I still own is a 2003 Moots. Still ride the heck out of it.

For nostalgic reasons, the bike that goes on the Argo expo truck is a new Cannonade Beast from the East. I have 9 other bikes, some carbon, some Ti, but I will never forget how it felt to ride that first high end bike.

Chris Radalia

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

Canton, Ohio
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Radalia
Member #

Dig the old school bikes. I raced for a bit and rode all the time. GT was my go to but had some Schwinn’s back in the homegrown. Days.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Laughing Otter

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

Still have my Gary Fisher Aquila hardtail... triple butted reynolds steel...
That's cool...love GF's...always wanted a Fat Possum, awesome looking bike...My late wife had a GF Marlin Hard Tail, it was nice...
Still have my GT Karakoram Steel Hard Tail...upgraded the shock of course. I also have a Cannondale Team Lizard Sobe Edition Aluminum Rigid frame that I still ride. And of course, the bike I started this post with...my 1998 GT STS , upgraded and still in service!
IMG_20170728_144613.jpg

IMG_20180201_182359.jpg IMG_20170728_144623.jpg

Reactions: GHQ1

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

I’m a big fan of the Genesis geometry on the mid 90s and later Gary Fishers. Short chainstays and a long top tube equals great wheelies, and billy goat climbing...

This was my previous bike, when I worked at a bike shop and got EP (employee purchase) on everything...

Gary Fisher Sugar 3
Sid Ti
Full XT
Avid Arch Rivals
Chris King hubs and headset
Thomson stem and seatpost
Easton Monkeylite carbon bar

927BF2C2-7CCC-4356-A951-A9D5FF385F69.jpeg

3060CC43-51A7-4895-83FF-792BF8BAA6D9.jpeg

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

I’m a big fan of the Genesis geometry on the mid 90s and later Gary Fishers. Short chainstays and a long top tube equals great wheelies, and billy goat climbing...

This was my previous bike, when I worked at a bike shop and got EP (employee purchase) on everything...

Gary Fisher Sugar 3
Sid Ti
Full XT
Avid Arch Rivals
Chris King hubs and headset
Thomson stem and seatpost
Easton Monkeylite carbon bar

View attachment 48586

View attachment 48587
Nice! My GT's are all XT spec....... the hard tail has a 2017 Rock Shox Recon TK Silver 80mm to 100mm w/ lock out, The STS I upgraded to a Manitou that's adjustable from 130mm to 150mm of travel. The Cannondale rigid frame is full LX, it works well. Why'd you sell it?

James Deaton

Rank V

Pathfinder I

It was a $2500 build using my EP, which equated to about a $4000 bike, and that was ten years ago. I enjoyed it for a few years, raced it a little, then parted it out because of our family’s riding behavior changing with kids and stuff.

The most I do these days is wheelie down the Boise greenbelt, and my GF hardtail is perfect for that, and I have less than $75 into it, it was a craigslist find, and I had some parts leftover from the Sugar. It’s nice enough. Full XT 9 speed still. Bontrager wheels with a terrible rear hub. It takes half a revolution to engage... very un-King-like... in some ways I miss the Kings...

I do need to eventually find a fork for it. It came with a Judy SL, with blown seals. I’d love to one day find a Judy XC for it... basically a simple motocross style fork with coil springs in an oil bath...

James

Reactions: Laughing Otter

Chris Radalia

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

Canton, Ohio
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Radalia
Member #

That's cool...love GF's...always wanted a Fat Possum, awesome looking bike...My late wife had a GF Marlin Hard Tail, it was nice...
Still have my GT Karakoram Steel Hard Tail...upgraded the shock of course. I also have a Cannondale Team Lizard Sobe Edition Aluminum Rigid frame that I still ride. And of course, the bike I started this post with...my 1998 GT STS , upgraded and still in service!
View attachment 48579

View attachment 48580 View attachment 48581
Drooling here! Nice stuff!

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

Just picked up a a nice 29er...Voodoo Canzo...full XT group, Stan's no tube rims, Monarch RL rear, RS Reba dual air front, 20mm Maxel Lite, Conti TK 2.4's, 1 x 11, Carbon risers, Formula hydro disc brakes, Sram X-9 hubs.....all at a sweet price to boot!
IMG_20180413_161536.jpg

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

Just picked up this Voodoo 29er to add to my stable....loving it so far. All XT 1x11, RS Reba SL 120mm w/ 20mm Maxel option and RS monarch RT3 on the rear, Carbon risers, Formula hydro disc brakes, Continental Trail Kings 2.4 on Stan's no tube ZTR Arch rims...

imagejpeg_0_2.jpg imagejpeg_0.jpg

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

Beautiful rigs you guys all have. View attachment 106577
I just picked up this Bianchi Cervino and looking forward to giving it some tlc.
I'm adding it to my collection. View attachment 106578.
Nice classics collection! I just added two more to bikes to the stable...a '92 Schwinn Impact Pro Team Edition in the speckled neon paint and a 2018 Fezzari Wiki Peak....