Troutdale, OR, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Eichman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7TTD
I’m also signed up for the expo, and am planning to be at the meeting tonight. I just got the F350 back from some major work, so I’ll bring that rig down this evening. See you all there!

Reactions: jcgraves3

jcgraves3

NorthWest Region Member Rep's Portland OR
Investor

Influencer I

Crescent City, Putnam County, Florida, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
Hello Team. We had a great meetup yesterday. We talked about our new year's eve snow adventures and the folks we helped out along the way. We had some show and tell with our Inreach and Zoleo personal location/communication devices and a Butler map of the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route. We gave away some home made soft shackles and lastly a few of us are lined up for a group travel to the Overland Expo in July.

Reactions: M Rose and Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello Team,

For our next meetup, let’s bring our navigation equipment. I have a limited knowledge around using Gaia, and would like to learn about the other navigation tools used. Does anyone use the maps in OB1?
Will this be for trip planning or for out in The wild?

Krycol08

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Krystle
Last Name
Cahill
Member #

Hello Team. We had a great meetup yesterday. We talked about our new year's eve snow adventures and the folks we helped out along the way. We had some show and tell with our Inreach and Zoleo personal location/communication devices and a Butler map of the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route. We gave away some home made soft shackles and lastly a few of us are lined up for a group travel to the Overland Expo in July.

Add me to the group of people going in July! Not sure I’ll be able to camp because I’ll be full blown back into residency but hoping to go if I can even if just for a day.

New rig is currently being shipped so I’ll also be picking brains about things the jeep owners love on their setup next week. I’m hoping to place an order for parts soon

RROBISON2

Rank II

Contributor III

Everson, Whatcom County, Washington, United States
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Robison
Member #

I am just beginning to navigate the platform and need assistance. How would I start the ball rolling on a trip to do the whipsaw trail in bc canada ? I am planning to go in august , slow going and enjoying it will take 2 days plus getting through the trail one way. I think a 1/2 dozen rigs would be reasonable . Is this the forum in which to start this conversation? I would do it solo but feel better about a small group for safety and operational reasons.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I am just beginning to navigate the platform and need assistance. How would I start the ball rolling on a trip to do the whipsaw trail in bc canada ? I am planning to go in august , slow going and enjoying it will take 2 days plus getting through the trail one way. I think a 1/2 dozen rigs would be reasonable . Is this the forum in which to start this conversation? I would do it solo but feel better about a small group for safety and operational reasons.
This isn’t the place to start this conversation. You would have better luck posting in Overland Bound Trip Planning. And then once some sort of plan has been hatched make your own Rally Point.

Reactions: KAIONE

JIMI

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Paulson
Member #

I've been trying to make it to the monthly meet up, but never made it. Something always seems to come up.

This week I can't make it either.

Maybe March will be my lucky month.

What do you do at these meetings?

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

I've been trying to make it to the monthly meet up, but never made it. Something always seems to come up.

This week I can't make it either.

Maybe March will be my lucky month.

What do you do at these meetings?
Have a blast meeting like minded people, eat some decent bbq, and talk a lot of shop. Maybe find someone or multiples to go out on a trail with. Come on down, will be nice to meet you.

Reactions: JIMI

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

How was last nights meeting?
Great! About 8 of us sat for a few hours discussing what happens if you break your syn tow rope in the field. What u can do with the leftovers. Also Gaia, OnX, and a few other map overlay apps. Some HAM radio discussion etc. Great info and convo all around.

Reactions: JIMI

jcgraves3

NorthWest Region Member Rep's Portland OR
Investor

Influencer I

Crescent City, Putnam County, Florida, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
Hello Team,

Yes, here we are with the team (me and Kevin are holding up the corners LOL). Lots of great discussion on navigation, what to do with the broken half of your wench rope (make a soft shackle in the field). HAM perp test app which one is the best.

Also, as promised here is the Rally Point for this weekend > Day Trip to explore trails around the Dimond Mill OHV Staging area - Overland Bound

Let put our different navigation tools to work and see what happens. Please join us!!

FullSizeRender.jpg

U

UgotWheelz

For some reason I didn’t get any kind of notification about this so maybe next time

Cascadia

Rank V

Educator II

Golden
First Name
Betsy
Last Name
Blac
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VRZ
I know that this might be late notice but Lolo Overland in Troutdale is having an event at the store from 10 until 2ish. I will be there before I really buckle down and make my journey to the Rocky Mountains to start a new chapter in my life.

274709463_4760345064094289_1279965231199862800_n.jpg

Reactions: KAIONE