Golden
First Name
Betsy
Last Name
Blac
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VRZ
Awesome! I’m looking to do that ASAP. Probably set up a date/time next week for a future date. Mind if I message you to ask a few questions? I promise only a few; just cause I’m new to the area and moved here 5 mo’s ago. Let me know and thanks again, very cool!
Sure...you can PM me and I will try to answer your questions about section 1 of WABRD.

Reactions: KAIONE

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

After talking with @Cascadia I’d like to set up a day/time for section 1 on the WABDR. See if there’s a group, especially experienced, since I’m VERY new at this and the area. So any and all input would help. Thanks!
Hi Kaione,

Welcome to OB.. and the area. I can help set up a rally point. Please reach out and let me know when you are free to chat.

John
Absolutely. I’ll DM you my contact info to help get something set up. Thanks again!

Cascadia

Rank V

Educator II

Golden
First Name
Betsy
Last Name
Blac
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VRZ
The Portland meetup's date indicates that it is on Oct. 1st which is a Friday. Is that correct? Or is it on the 6th, which would be the first Wednesday of the month?

jcgraves3

NorthWest Region Member Rep's Portland OR
Investor

Influencer I

Crescent City, Putnam County, Florida, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
Something is off with the recurring meetup feature on the OB site. It should reset every month on the first Wednesday of every month. Unfortunately, it is not, so that is what is causing the confusion. I'm reluctant to change it now for October because it caused so much confusion last time. I plan to correct for the November meetup.

As for the October meetup, If enough folks are on board with making the change to the first Wednesday, I will make it happen.. just give me a thumbs up :)

Last edited:

Cascadia

Rank V

Educator II

Golden
First Name
Betsy
Last Name
Blac
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VRZ
I will definitely come on the first Wednesday of October. :)

jcgraves3

Investor

Influencer I

First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
Hi Team,

I noodled with the recurring function again so, lets see if it works now. I went ahead set the next meeting up for Wednesday Oct 6th. Thanks Elizabeth and Larrie for pointing this out and for your support.

For the October meetup, If folks are interested, I can bring my PC and do a short demo on how to set up a rally point in OB. We can also go over some of the other OB features if you like. Let me know if anyone is interested?

Cheers,

John

Cascadia

Rank V

Educator II

Golden
First Name
Betsy
Last Name
Blac
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VRZ
Hi Team,

I noodled with the recurring function again so, lets see if it works now. I went ahead set the next meeting up for Wednesday Oct 6th. Thanks Elizabeth and Larrie for pointing this out and for your support.

For the October meetup, If folks are interested, I can bring my PC and do a short demo on how to set up a rally point in OB. We can also go over some of the other OB features if you like. Let me know if anyone is interested?

Cheers,

John
I am interested. :)

Krycol08

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Krystle
Last Name
Cahill
Member #

Yes! Looking forward to my first meet up...I was going to be out galavanting in my jeep on OCt 1 so the 6th is prime time. I'd be interested in OB features, too!

Reactions: M Rose

Cascadia

Rank V

Educator II

Golden
First Name
Betsy
Last Name
Blac
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VRZ
I will be there with my Overlander and possibly a few friends who are interested in Overland Bound.

Reactions: jcgraves3

FJ60 Pilot

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Troutdale, OR, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Eichman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7TTD
I’m not sure if anyone will see this in time, but how about the ham guys try to make contact on 146.46 on the way in tonight? I think this is the unofficial OB frequency.

N7TTD

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I’m not sure if anyone will see this in time, but how about the ham guys try to make contact on 146.46 on the way in tonight? I think this is the unofficial OB frequency.

N7TTD
146.46 is the official OB frequency.

jcgraves3

Investor

Influencer I

First Name
John
Last Name
Graves
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7RJJ
Hello Team,

We had a great meetup last Wednesday. I counted 13 of us. Thanks to Betsy, for bringing her Subaru friends and for all the new folks who joined us for the first time. In addition to checking out each other's cool ride, we talked about some of our trips, the gear we recommend and our experience getting our ham license. I believe Chris offered to do some hands-on ham training the next time we meet If anybody's interested? We also talked about setting a day trip for Browns camp run at some point. Currently there is a rally point posted for tomorrow to run some trails around Mount Hood and the Bonnie Meadows Campground If anybody's interested.

Cheers,

John

Krycol08

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Krystle
Last Name
Cahill
Member #

Hello Team,

We had a great meetup last Wednesday. I counted 13 of us. Thanks to Betsy, for bringing her Subaru friends and for all the new folks who joined us for the first time. In addition to checking out each other's cool ride, we talked about some of our trips, the gear we recommend and our experience getting our ham license. I believe Chris offered to do some hands-on ham training the next time we meet If anybody's interested? We also talked about setting a day trip for Browns camp run at some point. Currently there is a rally point posted for tomorrow to run some trails around Mount Hood and the Bonnie Meadows Campground If anybody's interested.

Cheers,

John
Yes browns camp soon!