CA West Canada Mojave Trail Part 2 - Exploring Old Cabins & Mines - Overland Trip

• HTML tutorial

Off-Road Overland Camping

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Orange, CA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Channels
Member #

>>>SAVE THE DATE<<<

March 13 to March 15, 2020

Game Plan - Exploring the following locations:
• Station Railways Goffs, OX Ranch, Sagamore Mine, Live Oak Canyon Mine,
• Vanderbilt Mine, Cima Mine, Columbia Mine, Thomas Place, Wild Horse Trail to Hidden Hills Mine & Dorner Camp

Meeting place, Date and time: March 13, 2020
9:00 am – Gas station in Fenner, CA - 31251 Goffs Rd, Essex, CA 92332
9:15 am – Hit the road to Lanfair Road where we plan to start the trail.

****Please note: This will be an Exploratory Trip, which means sometimes we may have to back track to find the trails, take detours through rocky terrane or dried out river washes, mud or water crossings, may even get lost or have to find a new way which is all part of the adventure. If this is too rough for you or you have an issue with this, I recommend you stay home****

Day 1 – Plan on starting the trail at 9:30am after fueling up in Fenner, CA. First stop will be Station Railways in Goffs. Then off to Ox Ranch, Sagamore, Live Oak Canyon and Vanderbilt Mine. Planning on stopping for lunch around noon. Then head to Cima Mine & Thomas Place. Plan on setting up camp one hour before sun down.

Day 2 – Hit the trail around 9:00 am plan on finding the trail to Columbia Mine. This was a huge operation back in the day have this mine has a lot of cool things to check out, from what I can see from Google Earth. Then will travel through the canyon up Wild Horse Trail to the Hidden Hills Mine. Plan on setting up camp one hour before sun down at Dorner Camp. We missed this place on our last trip, but looks like an awesome place to camp.

****Please note: This will be an Exploratory Trip, which means sometimes we may have to backtrack to find the trails, take detours through rocky terrain or dried out river washes, mud or water crossings, may even get lost or have to find a new way which is all part of the adventure. If this is too rough for you or you have an issue with this, I recommend you stay home****

What do bring:
• Extra water, running at higher elevations you need to drink lots of water.
• Food, cooking stove, 1 bundles of firewood (one for each day).
• Jeep/Truck in good working order
• CB Radio – Channel 18 / HAM 156.450
• 33” tires minimum.
• Full size spare tire, tools and first aid kit.
• High lift jack.
• Extra fuel 10 gallons.
• Tent, sleeping bag and warm clothes.
• Flashlight.

View Rally Point
Last edited:
Reactions: AZ Trooper