• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SAC-CA-Runner

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Dublin, CA
Member #

@fj80toyman Dang...after thinking I could make this, I'm out as well. It's that busy time of year for work and not sure I can take those days off to get down there. I'm sure someone will love to have my spot! Have fun guys!! Next time.

Reactions: Zargon

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
@fj80toyman Dang...after thinking I could make this, I'm out as well. It's that busy time of year for work and not sure I can take those days off to get down there. I'm sure someone will love to have my spot! Have fun guys!! Next time.

OK, no problem, thanks for letting me know. I was looking forward to checking that 4Runner!

There will be a next time!

Dan.

Houserw

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

I'm currently on the waiting list for this trip, but am considering pulling out to make the trip between March 13 - 17th. I'm not looking to organize anything, but if there's anyone that would like to go during that time we could coordinate a trail head meeting time??

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hi all!

@Corrie and I are confirmed and we'll be joining this awesome group! We can't wait!

I know its been mentioned, but you should bring everything you think you will need for you and your crew. The great thing about traveling with a group though, is that if you forget something, @fj80toyman probably has it :flushed: :tearsofjoy: Just kidding. SOMEONE probably has it.

Do us a big favor if you have not already and fill out this form that @Tom K put together so we know a little about you! We are gathering this info so we can coordinate a group of skilled drivers before the trip to discuss the event.

Survey: Driver Form

Thanks all! More soon!

Michael

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Just made an edit to post #1 for the record, here it is:

Edit 2/2/2017: So all, it's official, @Michael and @Corrie will be joining this trip, it just went from awesome to potentially epic.
Watch in the near future for updates to the end of this thread with some instructions, information and general motivation to make sure you know what you're getting into, either that or what you're gonna miss!
We've sorted out the details of the permit thing, we're getting two permits to cover the group. The vehicle limit will be 40 rigs, which is still huge but I think things will get pretty loose. We'll try to provide some direction, information and structure to make sure you have what you need, but this is an open trail ride in a huge area governed by both the National Park Service and the Bureau of Land Management, so....
Anyway. I'm stoked, motivated and can't wait for March!

Be sure to fill out the online Driver Form survey, Michael posted the link again, we'll need this information so we can see the collective that will make up this trip.

Thanks, Dan.

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Hi all!

@Corrie and I are confirmed and we'll be joining this awesome group! We can't wait!

I know its been mentioned, but you should bring everything you think you will need for you and your crew. The great thing about traveling with a group though, is that if you forget something, @fj80toyman probably has it :flushed: :tearsofjoy: Just kidding. SOMEONE probably has it.

Do us a big favor if you have not already and fill out this form that @Tom K put together so we know a little about you! We are gathering this info so we can coordinate a group of skilled drivers before the trip to discuss the event.

Survey: Driver Form

Thanks all! More soon!

Michael
Oh god now I actually have to be on my best behavior.

Sent from my LGMS631 using OB Talk mobile app

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

I can't wait for this trip gonna start gearing up for it. Ive been researching like a mad man on Suburbans making it through and thus far I've read about a few who have and one video of a guy that went solo in his stock 05 Suburban Z71. He had pint striping and a busted side step so hopefully with my extra clearance I can make it without damaging anything.

Oh I did submit the form a month or so ago not sure if it went through?

Reactions: Zargon and Tom K

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

@boss324 I checked, saw your survey response. This trail is friendly to full-size rigs for sure, but there will be pin-striping!

Sent from my SM-T350 using OB Talk mobile app
Oh man this the family hauler too and in pristine condition gulp,..

I've been to Hollister hills on some tight area's most of the pint striping I was able to buff out. For those who have gone how bad is the trails for something like the burb?

boss324

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tracy California
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Castro
Member #

if you run a full-size you will get pinstripes. Just count on it, and have a good attitude about it, and you'll be fine.
Oh for sure I don't mind however the wife may not..Lol I'll have to find some 3M stuff maybe. Kinda reminds me of drag racing in the burnout box you see a lot of guys running painters tape! Burnt rubber is a mess and doesn't come off easily.