Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Stupid question - traveling from Seattle area, could I make this trip (down & back) in a week? It sounds awesome......[emoji106]
If you think a 2-day drive from Seattle to southern Cal is reasonable, and it probably is, then it's do-able.
We will probably finish on a Sunday, although that's not decided yet, so if that fits, all the better.

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

If you think a 2-day drive from Seattle to southern Cal is reasonable, and it probably is, then it's do-able.
We will probably finish on a Sunday, although that's not decided yet, so if that fits, all the better.
Thanks!! Definitely keeping this in mind since I think I really like desert travel/camping......

@fj80toyman -- please add me to the tentative list -- I mentioned it but not sure if it got picked up....thank you!!!

Last edited:

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I posted a poll to get a sense of when people would like to go. The poll will/should be available for 14 days starting 10/31/16.

It has been said that later in March is a little better considering weather conditions, but I'm up for most anything.

Cast your vote, I realize it's a bit early but folks have already been thinking about when is best for them.

Hope to see you there!

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
OK All, looks like out of the 6 people that actually voted in the poll, the last weekend in March "wins".

That said, it's a long ways off, but lets start planning toward that date for this potentially awesome trip.

I'll continue to update Post #1 with details as they come in, along with additional background, etc.

If you've never been, this is not a rockcrawlers dream come true, more of an historical tour through some relatively rough and sometimes inhospitable country.

All are welcome, but be advised, vehicle requirements as well as self-sufficient camping experience and equipment will be discussed further to make sure everyone has a good time and no one is un-informed.

Looking forward to this!

Regards, Dan.

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

Its a tentative yes for me! I'm moving to Reno in December so I might be able to swing it depending on school/work!

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Its a tentative yes for me! I'm moving to Reno in December so I might be able to swing it depending on school/work!
To Reno, from ...? (Bellingham?)

'bout a 9 hour trek from Reno to Needles, you can do it!

No worries, it's all good. Long way off now, hope your plans come together and you can make it!

Reactions: O.Dfj

Truckerbizz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Reno NV
Member #

To Reno, from ...? (Bellingham?)

'bout a 9 hour trek from Reno to Needles, you can do it!

No worries, it's all good. Long way off now, hope your plans come together and you can make it!
Yea I grew up in Tahoe/Bay Area and am moving back after I graduate! Mojave has been on my bucket list for the last 3 years so Ill gladly make the 9 hour trek down. My off road experience has pretty much only been logging roads so I would like to go with a group of experienced people who can give me some tips and help if need be.

Reactions: VCeXpedition