ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
It's time to plan my "Spring Break Non-sanctioned Overland Bound, Overland Bound trip" with Overland Bound Members. This year, it seems that Mojave Road has spurred my interest and others who went to Death Valley for Spring Break this year.

So, I'm putting out the call to those who went this year or those who would like to go next year (April 2019) for at least 4-5 nights (Sunday through Friday) in Mojave Preserve on the Mojave Road. It's approx 130 miles with many sights and scenery, moderate overland terrain, water crossings, lava tube caves, dry lake beds etc.

The itinerary, plans and routes are still in the works, and once I get my ducks in a row (no offense to my "ducklings" from this year) I will start to formulate plans, guides, routing etc for those who are participating. I am estimating the trip will be Drive to Mojave City/Bullhead, AZ area on Sunday, rally up, gas up and then start the adventure. I plan to be in Mojave through Thursday afternoon/Friday morning and then head back to our homes/areas that day before the Easter Weekend (I AIN'T missing those deviled eggs!)

I know it's a few months (5 months approx) until the trip, but I like to have a Spring Overland Trip planned as it is a great time to visit the deserts and gives plenty of time for members to request off (many of my friends, and those who went are public service and vacation requests need to be far in advance, Thanks for your service!)

I am going to limit the members to only 20 for now, so if you are a confirmed yes, please mark that and if you are a maybe, please mark that!

View Rally Point
Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
It's time to plan my "Spring Break Non-sanctioned Overland Bound, Overland Bound trip" with Overland Bound Members. This year, it seems that Mojave Road has spurred my interest and others who went to Death Valley for Spring Break this year.

So, I'm putting out the call to those who went this year or those who would like to go next year (April 2019) for at least 4-5 nights (Sunday through Friday) in Mojave Preserve on the Mojave Road. It's approx 130 miles with many sights and scenery, moderate overland terrain, water crossings, lava tube caves, dry lake beds etc.

The itinerary, plans and routes are still in the works, and once I get my ducks in a row (no offense to my "ducklings" from this year) I will start to formulate plans, guides, routing etc for those who are participating. I am estimating the trip will be Drive to Mojave City/Bullhead, AZ area on Sunday, rally up, gas up and then start the adventure. I plan to be in Mojave through Thursday afternoon/Friday morning and then head back to our homes/areas that day before the Easter Weekend (I AIN'T missing those deviled eggs!)

I know it's a few months (5 months approx) until the trip, but I like to have a Spring Overland Trip planned as it is a great time to visit the deserts and gives plenty of time for members to request off (many of my friends, and those who went are public service and vacation requests need to be far in advance, Thanks for your service!)

I am going to limit the members to only 20 for now, so if you are a confirmed yes, please mark that and if you are a maybe, please mark that!

If you need help with the permit email me Kent@overlandbound.com
The Sierra Foothills Overlanders will be there in mid March.

Last edited:
Reactions: VonTrapp

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Will do Kent. Thank you!
message me and I will give you all the info you want. Also at your meet-up in Fresno talk to Tom Buttler he knows that area like the back of his hand, he has spend countless miles working for AT&T out there

Reactions: ArmyofMike

OverlandChevy

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Francisco, Ca 94110
First Name
Edgar
Last Name
Molina
Member #

Hey there Mike,

Sing me up!

Rollin Dirty Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mesa, AZ
First Name
Jim
Last Name
G
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7RDO
We just ran this for the first time two weeks ago. For anyone on the fence about this run, DO IT! Also, with four days on tap, you have time to run the whole way down the Mojave River to Manix, don't bail out at Afton. Camp at Triangles offered some amazing views at sunset and sunrise, that the sand if the river was a super fun drive.

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Remember, if you are IN or Maybe to go, mark it in the Rally Point. That is where I'm keeping track of participants.

@Jacob Silberfarb It is hard to say how deep it will be at that time in April....Plan for at least 2-3' deep though...

Mo_

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
Member #

I'm going with a group on Easter. That place is just so awesome and worth the trip.

JJTaco13

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Madera, CA
First Name
Jesus
Last Name
Ortiz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZK
I am in mike... !!! thanks for for putting a trip together... can't wait!!!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Kent, Are you going solo or with a group?[/QUOTE
The Sierra Foothills Overlanders make it an annual trip that is not limited to SFO. We have a 20 vehicle limit and last year our club/meet-up had I think 8 vehicles the rest came from the Overland Bound membership.

Reactions: Andrew Lopez

btg4rnr

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey Mike, I'm from Baja Trail & Grill (BTG)we are a bunch of chefs that like to cook out in the middle of knowhere all around the Baja peninsula and would like to join the SFO for the Mojave trip, let me know if 5 rigs can join