Launch Member

Influencer II

Oxford, UK
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Lunn
Member #

Not quite the same thing. This one is lacking a motor and the RC gear but was made for me by some enterprising lads in Morocco. Not a bad copy of my Cruiser, wish I could get tires that big on the real thing though!
IMG_1189.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I have the original SCX10 Trail Ready Honcho. I think I've had it 10 years. It has accompanied me on my adventures and has continually transformed over the years. I always keep it on a real road, or a 'cow path' when not at home.

Here it is going up the Poughkeepsie Wall

On the Continental Divide with a friend

And more recently going through some snow

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Cross RC SU4 the black one my wife built and the red one is the one I built.

I still have to add recovery points on both rigs, install the winches, and build new bumpers.

Attachments

Contributor II

Ladysmith BC
First Name
Darrin
Last Name
Pritchett
my running truck .... and a couple of project bodies i'm working on... the running trucks body is going on a different chassis as a trophy truck ... and then the running truck will get IFS and the tundra body... and I'm putting a 6x6 chassis together for the Deuce body ;)

Attachments

Reactions: Oklamopar

flyfisher117

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Idaho
First Name
John
Last Name
Hansen
Member #

Question for y'all... How do I convince the significant other that they are not "stupid toys"

I have always enjoyed RC anything. Had my fun time with planes and such but they seemed to be a money pit. Been wanting a scale crawler for some time now..

Reactions: Oklamopar

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
My wife
Question for y'all... How do I convince the significant other that they are not "stupid toys"

I have always enjoyed RC anything. Had my fun time with planes and such but they seemed to be a money pit. Been wanting a scale crawler for some time now..
my wife loves her Crawler. Buy her one and she will see they aren’t toys.

Reactions: JoelIII

Oklamopar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest City, OK, USA
First Name
Lester
Last Name
Kono
Member #

get her involved. My wife loves both her trucks.

Attachments

flyfisher117

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Idaho
First Name
John
Last Name
Hansen
Member #

All the stay at home orders may make me getting a little scale rig. Since selling my MTN bike there isnt much I can do outside while staying "quarantined". Question for those who know better would the Axial scx10ii honch or an RC4wd be a better starting point?

The axial likely has a better aftermarket support. At the same time I like the scale appearance of the RC4wd C2x trucks. The axial will be $50 less than the RC4wd after buying batteries.